-----------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, a bunch of the girls dug out early because their parents needed them home. Santana was still sleeping when Brittany woke up and she did her best to get up off of the floor without disturbing her girlfriend.

"Good morning, Rach."

"Hey Britt. How you feeling? That Jameson kicked your ass last night." Brittany sat on the table across from Rachel and started making a plate of food. 

"It did. But I'm alright. I just keep thinking about what Santana needs to tell me. It's been bothering me since I woke up." Rachel had an uneasy feeling, knowing that she knew and Brittany didn't really bothered her. "What Rach? You know what it is don't you?"

"Yeah, but I rather have San tell you. It isn't anything too serious I promise."

"Alright alright. I'm trying not worry."

They talked stories as they ate, hoping that Santana would wake up soon. Brittany helped Rachel clean up the kitchen table and wash the dishes. She made a plate for Santana and took it into the room with her.

"San?"

"No, Kehau. Just shut the fuck up. Nothing happened. That kiss? It meant absolutely nothing to me. You been living in this, little world of yours thinking that I'm going to take you back. I thought I made myself perfectly clear at the game. I'm never gonna take you back." Santana turned around to see Brittany standing in the door staring at her. "Britt."

"You kissed her? Is... Is that what happened last night?"

"It's not what you think, babe. I promise." Brittany was crying now, stepping back as Santana moved towards her. "Please. Just hear me out?"

"Hear you out? You know how I feel about these kinds of situations. I don't want to get hurt again. And you of all people should know how it feels to be cheated on." Brittany shoved the plate into Santana's hands."No. Just, go have fun with your dad today. I need some time to think."

And with that, Brittany took off. Santana ran after her, but by the time she caught up she had taken off up the road on her bike. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santana was distraught. She went back down to Rachel's house in tears. 

"What did I do? What did I do??" Santana was punching the wall. Rachel ran over to her and grabbed her. 

"You didn't do anything San. I know you were gonna tell her. I know you were. This just, wasn't the ideal way of her finding out. Why did Kehau even call? I thought you blocked her number?"

"I did but she called from her house phone and I didn't have that blocked. My dad wanted to go out on the driving range today. I don't even feel like eating let alone going anywhere." It had been at least 45 minutes since Brittany left and she should've reached Waimea by now. "And why isn't Britt texting back? What if she got into an accident?"

"San, she reached home safely. Quinn told me that she made it home and that she just doesn't want to talk to anyone right now."

"I hurt her. She's my whole life, Rach. What am I gonna do without her?"

"You haven't lost her, San. You just need to relax and give her some time. It's not the easiest thing to hear especially since it's Kehau. The best thing for you to do is to go down to the range with your dad and enjoy the time you have with him. She'll call you when she wants to talk."

"I will. Thanks Rach."

"Of course. You should know already that I'm always gonna be here for you. Just text if you need anything okay?"

"Yeah I will. I'll catch up with you later keh?"

"Rajah. Love you San. Head up." Rachel smiled.

"Love you too." 

As Santana walked up the road to her house, she grabbed her phone to send one last text to Brittany.

I love you, Britt. Please don't forget that.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Q I can't even write back to her right now. I love her. But I don't have it in me to tell her that I love her back."

"Hey, just calm down Britt. I'm sure it's just a whole misunderstanding. That stupid girl Kehau probably tried to put the moves on Santana. You know that she would never hurt you."

"No. She kissed her. I don't even know what to think right now."

"Thinking right now is probably the worst thing you can do. Go play xbox or something. Do something that'll help you calm down." Before Britt could answer, Quinn cut her off. "And no, going riding isn't something you're allowed to do right now."

"Fine. But just tell me, what am I supposed to do? She is literally everything I have ever dreamed of. I never imagined her kissing another girl. Especially her ex. And on top of that, we were fighting. What if that pushed her to do it? We fought so she called Kehau to meet up?"

"I highly doubt that's what happened B." Brittany got up from her bed and stared pacing.

"You never know. Or what if they been talking this entire time?"

"You're getting paranoid. You need to cut it out. Sit the fuck down, and listen to me." Brittany sat down and looked at her best friend. 

Quinn hated seeing Brittany like this. It didn't help that she was thousands of miles away either. 

"Listen to me. Santana LOVES YOU. She loves you and this kiss? It meant nothing. You said it yourself, she said that it meant nothing to her."

"I know."

"Then? Why are you getting so worked up? She's in love with you, Brittany." Silence.

It remained that way for the next couple minutes.

"I'm afraid of losing her."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Santana and her dad were spending some quality time at the range while Lani sat and watched her husband and daughter bond.

"You know, West Point is still an option baby."

"No dad, I'm not going to West Point. I told you, the military thing just isn't for me." Santana hit the ball and watched it soar through the air.

"What's wrong? You don't seem like yourself."

"It's Kehau dad. She tried to kiss me last night and before I got to tell Brittany myself, she found out because I was arguing about it with Kehau this morning on the phone."

"I can see why that would be a problem. Have you tried talking to her?"

"I have but Rach told me it'd be best if I just gave her some space for now."

Santana's dad pulled her in for a hug and she started to cry.

"There's gonna be none of that, San. It's gonna be alright. Mom tells me about you two all the time. She loves you. More than Kehau ever did it seems." Santana hugged her dad even more. "Don't be afraid."

Santana's text message tone went off.

Babe, I know you're with your dad but please call me when you can okay? We need to talk.