Harry's Treat

On the corner of a deserted street, three teenagers stood tense, holding eachother's arms as they got ready to apparate.
"We can't apparate unless we are sure nobody's watching." Hermione told them.
"Do you actually think muggles would be spying on us?" Ron asked, annoyed.
"She's right, Ron. We can't risk seen apparting by muggles." Harry told Ron.
After making sure no one was looking at them, they grasped each other's arms and vanished into thin air.
Hermione opened her eyes, noticing that they were in front of The three broomsticks. This was going to be a very long day.
Harry wanted to treat his best friends before he began his duties as the youngest person to ever make Auror. Despite Harry's remarkable contributions to the wizarding world, he still considered this the greatest honor he had recieved yet.
After three days, Hermione would head back to Hogwarts for the registered eighth year. s.
"So, firewhiskey?" Harry asked.
"I'll have butter beer." Ron added.
"Same here." Hermione agreed."One firewhiskey and two butterbeers, please." Harry told the waiter. His eyes shone with excitement. After all, this was the famous Harry Potter who defeated Lord Voldemort.
"Anything sir. On a discount for you! Originally 10 Galleons, but for you 5." He squeaked. 
"So, Hermione how do you feel about going back to Hogwarts?" Ron asked.
"It's great, I feel really excited. I'm going to miss you both so much though." She pouted sadly.
"Awww, Hermione we're going to come visit." Harry put a hand on her shoulder. 
"Of course, I know that. It's just that the three of us have been through so much together, it's going to bee difficult to adjust without you." SHe clarified.
"Don't be upset Hermione, I'm sure you will adjust fine. If you miss us, just write to us and we'll come visit you." Ron tried to make her feel better. 
Hermione smiled. "Enough about me. Tell about you both."
Some moments later, the waiter came with the order. They talked about Harry's job and Ron's Quidditch practice while drinking, and when they were done, they got up to leave. Harry was heading to The defeat of Dark Arts, to buy himself an Auror guide book with Ron tagging behind him.
"I need to buy something. I'll meet you in fifteen minutes back here."
She set off to get Ron and Harry's gifts.
As she had entered the store, she saw all kind of equipment for Quidditch. She smiled at the shop keeper, a young woman with red hair and bright blue eyes, and asked, "Where is the model 2 firebolt?"
"In the third section." She replied.
As Hermione moved towards the third section, she saw that there was only one gentleman, his back turned, examining the broomstick.
The back seemed vaguely familiar: the platinum blond hair. She moved towards him and said, "Excuse me, but I think I _" she stopped and was shocked to see who it was. Draco Malfoy. "Granger?" He asked. Hermione was shocked to hear Draco speak in such a humble tone.
This wasn't Draco Malfoy. He couldn't be.
"Malfoy?"
He smiled when Hermione spoke. What was even more shocking to her was that he actually smiled. Never, in her life had she seen Draco smile.
"I thought you didn't play Quidditch. All of a sudden, the broomstick section?" He asked.
"No ... no. It's for Harry." Hermione said dumbfounded. "Oh. Well, I should go. See you later ... probably."
Draco was at loss of words. How could he be so cool with a girl who he had tortured and bullied all his life. He was ashamed of himself. He wanted to apologize, but it would take forever to get her to forgive him. He lacked the courage to even ask her for forgiveness. The again, that was his weakest point, he never had the courage for the important reasons.
Draco just walked away, carrying the firebolt 2 with him. Hermione stared at the firebolt's silver grey handle. It's twigs were smooth and curved.
But it wasn't actually the broomstick she was staring at. She was deep in thought about what had just happened. She was brought back to earth when the woman asked, "Should I pack this for you?"
"Yes."
After paying for the broomstick, she went to Guides for Quidditch, where she brought Ron a book called The Keeper's Guide. Stuffing both things in her beaded bag, she hurried to The three broomsticks, where Harry and Ron were waiting for her.
"Let's go." Hermione held Ron's hand, who was holding Harry's arm. They apparated to Hermione's front door.
"Good bye! I'll see you both later." Hermione held her beaded bag and waved. Then, just in the blink of an eye, Ron and Harry were gone.

Comment vote and share if you enjoyed ...

I edited this part today because I wrote it in 2017, and wow. SO MANY ERRORS!