Chapter 11

Benny's P.O.V.

I freeze everyone in the house using a spell except Fey, grab her and take her to their basement. She is bloodied and weak, Ethan's parents can't see her. I run back upstairs, unfreeze everyone and his parents murmur on about how they were confused, then they said that they were going to their room to go to sleep, but I couldn't even focus on their conversation I was too worried about Fey. As soon as they were in their room and Jane had left the room I grabbed Ethan and dragged him downstairs grabbing Sarah on the way pulling them downstairs.

"Benny?! What's wrong?! Why are we going to the basement?!" Ethan asked but I didn't answer I just continued going on.

"Benny seriously what's wron...." Sarah starts bus stops as soon as she sees a large pool of thick black liquid on the floor from the steps. "Is that blood? It smells amazing!"

I run through the thick black liquid and over to Fey where I grab her hand and hold it as her breathing slows. "Please don't leave me Fey! I don't know what to do!" I say to her as she takes her last breath then all limbs fell limp.

"Oh my god...." Sarah started but couldn't find the words to finish.

Ethan walked over to stand nest to me and put two fingers on her neck attempting to find a pulse. He just shook his head and looked down. "She's gone." He croaked out unable to say more without crying. Then I hear a few sobs and thank god that someone else feels as dead as I do about her death. Then I look back to see neither of them crying, and I realize that sob came from me. Sarah walked over to me and kneels next to where I am kneeling then hugs me. I don't let go of Fey's cold hand hoping to give some warmth back to her, to bring her back.

Everyone is silent for hours Ethan is sitting on the stairs unable to look at her slashed up dead body with blood pooled around it, Sarah is sitting against the wall watching me who is sitting in the same place I was when she died, still holding her hand, still dying myself.

Finally I kiss the back of her cold dead hand then stand up, I go over to the corner of the basement and slide down the wall to where I am sitting with my knees drawn up to my chest. Sarah is still staring at her body, she looks like she is in shock. I continue to sit there with my head back, eyes closed, remembering her as I hear a gasp. I don't even bother to look at Sarah, but then I hear her get up and walk somewhere, that is when I look up. As soon as I do I see Fey, her wounds are closing right before our eyes. I immediately stand up and walk quickly back over to her body to see that she was healing.

"Oh my god! Ethan. Come here!" Sarah said and Ethan rushed over confused as to what was happening. She was gaining color back into her skin and her flawless perfect skin was back. We all looked over her confused as to what was happening.

"WOO!" She said shooting up into a sitting position we all jumped back terrified. "Nothing like dying and coming back to give you a little refresher!" She said stretching and yawning like she had just woken up from a good nap.

"You were dead!" Ethan exclaimed.

"How?" Sarah asked in shock.

"Not really, my heart stopped beating but my physical body is still here so here I am." She said cracking her neck then standing up. Her beautiful blonde hair stained from the black blood.

"I thought you were gone." I said relieved.

"That knife would have had to been in my heart to kill me, if my body had turned into dust then I would be gone." She said cracking her back and stretching more.

"Why is your blood black?" Ethan asked.

"I'm royalty." She said as if it were common sense. "Long ago when our ruling process began, all of our elders got together and put a spell on every one of the members of the Royal families, their blood would be a different color to identify them if they were ever lost." She explained once she saw our confused faces.