Task Two: Isanabella Spoolblac

Depuis le début

She hadn't had anything to eat and as the hours continued to tick by the likelihood of her getting anything grew slimmer and slimmer. Growls would call in her body, low and just loud enough for her to hear, and she pushed her thoughts from them. It's useless to be hungry here. I wouldn't take their food if I were dying. Her magic was back and it pushed against her skin, willing to escape with her anger, but she restrained it. Later, she knew, it would be needed. It would be useful in stopping the king and useful in fighting the Kyren guy. She planned to kill him if needed. Anything, she promised herself, I'll do anything to protect them.

It was only after the hours had passed and when she could barely hold back her bladder that His Highness arrived. Vaxon.

Dark hair was a sign of the devil, Isanabella knew, and that evil man had hair darker than midnight on a dark moon. Muscles were thickened by expensive clothes and rich colors. The cloth must've been cotton or silk, anything fine and untouched by the harsh clothing worn by the tattered Magi. Coals had brushed along his face in thick lines to form eyebrows that deepened into a furrow just above eyes so bright blue they could burn mountains whole. "You will all do as I command and any who further disobey me will feel my wrath. I have your families, and will personally destroy them in unimaginable ways. For I am king. I am lord. In me there is power and by me I'll have all your heads. In minutes you will be taken out to an arena and there...there you will meet death himself."

"We shall never follow you!"

"Then everyone you know shall pay the price!" In his voice all evil could be found. Deep, dark, powerful. An evil lord, ready to destroy all who dare disobey. "I'll hang them and whip them until their eyes bleed! I'll set curses upon them until their bodies burn and there is left nothing but a shell of who they once more. You shall survive if, and only if, you kill those around you. What do you value more?"

Silence descended and the pause was thick with deceit and overwhelming hate. If she were not shackled by her feet and elbows, Isanabella would use her magic to enchant the small pebble next to her with all her magic and kill the man with a single toss. It would kill her, but she would've done it if not for her inability to use magic.

"Your family and your life...or the pitiful beings surrounding you?"

He left at that, turning hide and leaving the dungeon.

No one spoke a word save for a few friends who were close to one another. She didn't listen in. The hearts of those she once loved were hardened and they'd be expected to maim and attack one another. A bloody fight for a wicked King. Isanabella didn't even know if she's survive for long, being smaller than most and not thoroughly taught. Could I fight against them?

Moments passed and before she knew it guards flooded the dungeon. The big, burley men spat on the floor and muttered curses under their breath. They reeked of ale and bad meat, which was more than likely their diet. When two entered her cell she didn't even bother fighting back, knowing her magic would fade too quickly. Instead, she hardened her face and scowled as they unchained her and took her through the dungeons to outside the castle. There a large, imposing cast-iron gate stood. The tips ended in giant balls or points and the King's crest mounted each individual piece. The guards halted, hands on their weapons, and stood back from it as people working atop the gate brought up part of it, allowing the Magi to enter. A portal type of magic stood in front of them up at the top, shining out on a weird landscape. A moving picture? The idea was terribly evil, something that only the devil could come up with. Pictures that moved were strictly dark arts and she shuddered at the sight of them.