(Dyaln's P.O.V)

Watching that filthy excuse of a man holding a knife to Ali's throat, I felt as if I was going to break down. This is all my fault. I can't let anything happen to her, she's everything to me. Looking deep into her eyes I see that she's terrified and deep down, so am I.

I promise I won't let anything happen to you Ali.

I take a step closer to them only to be stopped in my tracks.

"No no," he says, "take one step closer and the girl dies." I hear him chuckle. How can someone be so heartless? I look over at Ali again, tears streaming down her face. I swear to God if he does anything to hurt her I will rip that son of a bitch to pieces.

"What do you want?" I say through gritted teeth, trying to reason with him.

I must keep Ali safe. I must keep Ali safe. These words are repeated in my head.

"What do I want. What do I want?" he asks, as if actually considering my question. He pauses for a second, looking up into the sky as if in deep thought.

I revert my look back to Ali and for a moment we simply stare at each other, seeing her like this makes my heart sink and I feel as if I have a golf ball-sized lump in my throat, enabling me to breath. The life of the only girl I've ever really cared about is hanging only by a thread.

I give her a look and a little nod, indicating that what she's thinking of doing should be done. We've always had this silent communication thing where we can tell what the other is thinking just by looking at them, it's weird but this time, it really came in handy.

Ali's attacker is off in his own little world, probably still considering what he wants. I notice Ali's foot rise up and with the speed of light, it slams back down -with a hidden force I didn't know she had- onto the man's foot; like a hammer to a nail.

I stare at her wide-eyed as she digs her elbow harshly into his ribs making him grunt in pain and drop the knife. Man, my girl can fight.

I take this as my cue to head towards them. I see Ali manage to turn around and raise her jean clad knee in order for it to connect to a part of the crook where let's just say, the sun don't shine.

Even I flinch as the thug rushes both hands to his most prized possession, falling to his knees onto the cold, hard concrete floor as he groans out loud in pain. I see him attempting to get back up and grab her, only my overprotective instincts kick in.

"Ali get away from him!" I shout, with more anger in my voice than intended.

I hastily jump on top of the worthless slimeball and and harshly connect my clenched fist to his twisted face, making him cry out in more pain.

One punch. Two punch. Three punch. It goes on like this as I take out all of my anger and resent onto this vermin. Just when I think it's time to stop, the image of him holding a knife to Ali's throat comes to mind, causing me to continue. I'm usually not one to tolerate violence, but when someone I love is in danger, something inside me just clicks.

"Dylan, that's enough, he's already out cold," I hear a fragile voice behind me, springing me back to reality.

I take one last look at the now blood covered man, with a disgusted look on my face and close my eyes, trying to calm my nerves. I finally get back up on my feet and turn towards a pale looking Ali. She looks so broken and fragile, the only thing keeping me together right now is the fact that she's alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

(Ali's P.O.V)

After Dylan yelling at me to get away I can't help but feel a little hurt, however, I know he's only trying to protect me.