She Loved and Lost

"How long has it been now Brett?" I sighed, leaning against the car door.

"For someone who's been underground for months, you don't exactly grasp the concept of patience" Brett retorted arrogantly, kicking at the leaves.

"And you don't exactly grasp the concept of 'I'm gonna break your neck if you piss me off', got it?" I growled, shutting him up quickly.

"They might be having second thoughts" he shrugged, "I would"

"They'll come... I'm pretty sure they want my memories back just as much as I do" I pointed out, and as if right on queue the blue jeep pulled over and three silhouettes hopped out.

"We're here" Lydia sighed, stepping towards Brett instantly.

"Well you wouldn't want the big bad wold to huff and puff all over this town" I smirked, earning a glare from the strawberry blonde.

"At least you can remember children's books" Stiles trudged over.

"Nope, my old landlord had a small selection of books and that was one of them" I said quickly, "To think I was probably doing him a favour by killing him"

"You're sick..." Allison muttered angrily. It was the first thing she had said all night and to be honest her negativity was off putting.

"Actually I'm undead, but whatever floats your boat" I laughed and started walking through the trees, "So tell me, was I a nut job before or something?"

"Excuse me?" Lydia snarled.

"Well I shot myself in the head" I sighed, "There must of been one or two screws loose"

"Scott wasn't crazy, and he definitely wasn't a killer, so stop acting like you're really the same person!" Allison snapped, storming past Stiles and Lydia so she was marching next to me.

"Strip a good man of every good memory and what is he? Hmmm?" I replied simply, "A man without memories is a man without soul. I had to find some sort of leisure activity to keep me busy"

"And you chose killing?" Stiles cut in, "You could of picked drawing, or swimming, or stamp collecting but you pick murder. No offence, evil version of my best friend, but you really need to sort out your priorities"

I shook my head and stopped quickly, grabbing Allison's arm to pull her back, she recoiled and fell against my chest for a moment before pushing away.

"I felt like I was going to fall asleep in your arms"

"I like it when you fall asleep in my arms"

"I don't. I wake up and you're always gone"

"That's only because I don't want to wake you"

"I'd rather wake up with you..."

"You will..."

"Yo, Evil Scott? You okay?" Stiles waved his hand in front of my face and I blinked violently, pushing the weird vision and the sickly feeling to the back of my mind.

"I'm fine..." I replied, flashing a look at Allison before crouching down.

"Where are we?" Lydia asked.

"Brett what can you smell?" I ignored her comment and looked at the boy who's nose curled as he drew in a breath.

"It's like... Stale blood, and rotting..." He shook his head to push the stench away and stepped forwards.

"Poor Miley..." I looked at the floor, "She was so... Full of life till I took that privilege from her"

"What...?" Lydia mumbled, walking past me, "No... Is this?"

"My grave?" I mumbled, "Yep... It's the first memory I had... Waking up in the ground" 

I shook off the memory of the dirt in my eyes and mouth, the blood and soil staining my clothes, the screaming... 

"Aren't you worried?..." Allison whispered next to me as I straightened up.

"About what?"

"If you remember the good person you are after the bad things you've done" 

I smiled, "Maybe I was never the good person you assumed I was... Nobody's perfect"

"Scott was..." She shook her head and looked up at me.

"And look where he ended up" I shrugged, pointing forward at the filled grave.

"Whoa, how hasn't it been dug up? I thought you climbed out?" Stiles rushed by to inspect the grave.

"Fresh soil..." I sighed, "I had to put the bodies somewhere..."

"There are people in there!" Lydia yelled running to Stiles. 

"Dead people" Brett sighed matter-of-factly. 

"I wouldn't dig them up... They start to rot around a week ago and I would know, I was under there for months" I said, "You should of seen what I looked like" 

"We have to give the bodies back to the parents, they think they ran away from home" Lydia got up and pulled out her phone. 

"You could do that... Tell them that an undead teenager rose from the ground and tore them apart because he wanted to feel alive" I explained, "Tell them how Scott McCall... Devoured them..." I stepped towards the grave and sat down, "Or you could let them believe that a couple that loved each other very much escaped this pathetic town and made something of themselves... You could let them be happy" 

"But isn't the truth more important..." Lydia mumbled.

"Isn't pain more destructive?" I said quietly.

My whole world slowed down, like time had stopped and I was stuck with those three words on repeat. She wouldn't... She couldn't... Could she?... HOW COULD SHE!?. Then my head snapped back into motion and I growled, I had to focus onto something, and fast. So I focused on what was fuelling me most. Rage. I turned and smashed my fist into my locker with bent inwards, the bolts breaking and it fell onto the floor with a clang. The corridor went silent. The only noise was a constant buzzing in the back of my head.

I hate Isaac.

I hate Allison.

I hate them both.

And I want them to pay.

What the hell is that voice in my head?... It was seriously starting to annoy me... 

"Did I ever hate you Allison?" I muttered.

"What?..." Allison asked.

"Did I ever hate you?... You and Isaac? Did I ever want to cause you pain?..." I continued, watching her face fall so she was staring at the grave in silence.

"No you didn't" Stiles said quickly, stepping in my view of Allison, "You could never hate Allison, you could never do anything but love her... And I guess you're love for her was what kept you human so... You don't act human because you've forgotten how to love her like you did before" 

I looked up at him and raised my eyebrow.

"I've never seen anyone love someone like you loved her" Lydia smiled sadly, "And like she loved you... So no, you never hated her, you just... You just lost control of yourself for a while"

"And that's how we're gonna save you..." Stiles nodded, catching everyone's attention, "I know how to get your memories back"