I Am Scott McCall

"I DON'T KNOW, NOBODY TELLS ME CRAP!" Brett yelled for the one hundredth time today. It was starting to get on my nerves. Torture time was in serious need of attention. 

"I'm gonna start cutting off your fingers now Brett" I shrugged bluntly, picking up the pair of hedge clippers that my dead landlord had kindly 'donated' to me, "Unless you give me something useful to work with"

"Okay! Okay, okay" Brett trembled, "Scott... He was a werewolf" 

"Werewolf? Hmm..." I nodded, make sense.

"He was like, really, really caring and stuff, he wouldn't let anyone touch his friends or Allison" he continued, flinching away when I started examining the clippers. Lucky I tied him to that chair, "I don't know what was happening to him, no one really knows unless you're close enough to him" 

"So does he have ancestors, ones who can give me more help than you?" 

"No! I mean yes, but his mom, she doesn't... She doesn't know he's dead okay!" Brett shouted, pulling on the chains with a pained groan, "WHO ARE YOU!?" 

"Calm down" I sighed, pulling up a chair and sitting down, "I won't take down my hood till I know everything I need to know... So, continue" 

"All I know is that Scott, he put a bullet in his head, Allison's dad covered it up and buried him in the woods somewhere" Brett moaned, shaking as he stared at me.

"Buried?" I piped up, pressing the sharp end of the clippers against his chest, "Buried randomly in the woods?"

"YES!" 

"Interesting..." I smiled, "And if I need to find out the whole truth I need to go to?..." I pressed harder and smelt the blood drip out off his chest as he cried harder. 

"Allison! ALLISON ARGENT!" he screamed. I nodded and released my pressure, letting him heal and regain some strength, "She'll know everything, she loved him... Find her and she'll help you" 

"Where is she?" 

"She'll... She'll be at school tomorrow. Beacon Hills High" Brett replied quickly, "If you let me go I can point her out to you..."

I smiled and patted his shoulder, "Okay, okay, if you show me the girl I'll let you out, untouched and unharmed. If you fail to do so, you'll wish I killed you the minute I found you. Got it?" 

Brett nodded quickly.

"Alright, now I want you to describe Scott to me" 

"D-Describe? Why?" 

"Don't ask questions, just do it!" I growled, snapping the clippers for emphasis. 

"Okay... He's like... Uh, 5"9... Dark brown hair... I dunno! Dark eyes, and he... He has a tattoo on shoulder, two b-"

"Black bands..." I finished for him with a groan, rubbing my bicep and dropping the clippers onto the floor, "Well this is what I was expecting I guess, but if what you say is true... I might as well revel in the identity" 

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" Brett asked, relieved slightly by the weapon no longer being in my hands.

"Don't you want to know why that man was shouting at you?" I asked quietly. 

"I know exactly why! He thought I knew something about Scott... The dead Scott, being dug up. I told him the truth! I promise I'm telling you the truth too! I don't know who would dig him up!" he sut his eyes tightly and awaited some kind of torture. 

"I believe you" I shrugged and his body relaxed instantly.

"Y-You do?"

"Of course" I smiled, "You had nothing to with Scott being dug up... Because technically, I... I dug myself up"

"What did you say?" Brett asked, calming himself enough to focus properly on what I'd said. 

"I dug myself up" I repeated. 

"But... I'm not... We're talking about... What... Who" 

I groaned, waiting for him to click and figure it out on his own. Clearly his brain span didn't reach into fields of knowledge such as this... So I pulled down my hood and stared him straight in the face, watching as his facial expression went from confused to complete terror. 

"SCOTT!" He yelled, shaking his head in disbelief, "YOU'RE ALIVE?!" 

"Hmm... Oh? Alive? I'm not quite sure... But you confirmed it, I am Scott McCall" I sighed, "I don't know why I doubted it, every person I've killed seemed to make the connection"

"Wait, you kille-"

"Do you know what it's like to be stuck somewhere for what seems like a life time, with no movement, no memories, and no food source?" I asked, waiting for Brett to shake his head, which he did instantly, "Well, I was cold, and alone, and so, so hungry for something I couldn't put my finger on. Suddenly I hear voices, I hear heartbeats, and I feel myself growing in strength and power as I lunge out of the ground... I wasn't hungry for food Brett, although now I've started to enjoy the taste of these... Uh, I'm not sure of the name, but I think my old landlord called it Pizza? I can't get enough of the stuff" I let out a chuckle and leant forward on the edge of my seat, "I wasn't hungry for food before, I was hungry for death. I can go for days without nourishment as long as I take someone's life. It's a riveting thought"

"You killed people..." 

"You wouldn't of been surprised if I hadn't taken off my hood" I asked curiously. 

"Scott, he... You, you don't kill people, that's what makes you the good guy" Brett mustered up the courage to look me dead in the eyes, "They'll come after you" 

"Who are they?" I tilted my head. 

"The hunters, they'll find you and they'll kill you as soon as you find Allison. She's one of them" he explained quietly. 

"I don't remember a thing Brett... I don't remember the life I lived before this, it must of been bleak if I hadn't tried killing anyone... The point is, I need to know how to get back these so called 'memories' and if my best bet is this Allison girl, then I'm going to her tomorrow" 

"Why would you want to remember?" Brett muttered. 

"Because I want to know everything Scott knows, about food, about culture, about the world, about killing, about surviving, about living, and about dying. I need his knowledge so I can keep myself safe... But first I should obtain the basics"

"Basics?" 

"Yes. Tell me everything you know about Allison Argent"