"You live down here?" you asked while looking around in amazement "Y-yeah father's had me live d-own here f-for a few y-years now. I d-didn't know any-one else l-lived up a-above but him I-I'm M-Max by t-the w-way" he said looking at his feet, his cheeks turning from pale to pink.
" I didn't know about anyone living below, and its nice to meet you Max, I'm (Y/n)."

You heard a popping sound come from him and watched as skin reformed and grew on his boney hand, his wounds were healing themselves. You watched amazed and Max quietly laughed and smiled at you
"Thats w-what h-happens when I-I have m-meat" he said and you looked at his face, his glassy, clouded eyes were becoming bright again revealing a beautiful shade of gold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Maxy? did you ever go through all those journals?" You asked, using you nickname for him and pointing towards the desk against the far wall that was covered in small journals and stacks of papers "n-no, those are f-fathers" he said "Hmm I'm curious to what they're about did he tell you?"
"No, h-he wrote in t-them a lot b-but I couldn't r-read them he s-said"

"Max are you feeling alright are you hungry?" you said a little worried about him, he looked ready to fall over to be true.
He yawned and smiled at you, he always felt so special that you cared for him so much, he cared for you even more than you'd believe.
"I'm a-alright (Y-Y/n), just a l-little tired i-is all"
"Then take a nap you look ready to fall over!" You said and playfully pushed him towards his bed.
"N-no, I want to t-talk with y-you" he said while trying to sit up but was having problems staying awake.
"I'll be here when you wake up Maxy, I'll always be here"
Finally agreeing, mainly because he couldn't keep his eyes open, he layed down and immediately fell into a deep sleep.
You went over to the work table and started reading.

You sat reading for hours with a lantern next to you, all the journals were about Max, or how things worked with him. How different meats affected him, how he faired in different temperatures anything you could think of was written in them.
But then you found the last entry, dated a few days before you moved into this house.

__/__/__

I believe I have learned all I can from subject 294 aka Max. It has become a rather mundane and repertory task caring for him, getting no more use from the subject I shall end research upon him.
I have taken samples which should allow me to be able to use his form of healing process, a way to survive.
Now I will move onto working with subject 357 to try and find any useful genes I can store.

- Dr. Odraelier

It was the last entry in the latest journal. You couldn't believe what he had done. You recognized the name Odraelier as the name of the houses last owner, presumably Max's 'father'
You couldn't let him see this.
So you his it in your coats pocket for later desposal, ready to cry for what had happened to your sweet Max.

You looked over to his bed, he was still sound asleep.
Instead of waking him or leaving or continuing to read the evil mans writings you crawled onto the bed and fell asleep beside Max. Swearing to yourself that you would never abandon him.

Max had the best sleep in months, no more nightmares or dreams of being cold and alone abandoned in darkness

~Timeskip of about 2 months~

Each evening you'd go down to your basement and find Max there, you would go down to his cave/home and talk for hours, usually falling asleep on his bed.
You'd been doing this for weeks now, and that's were you were again, with Max

"This place really is amazing Max, a lot nicer than the basement. Why were you up there every night anyway?" you asked while laying down next to him on his bed "I w-would go up t-there to wait f-for father each n-night. It w-was dark s-so I b-bumped i-into things a-a l-lot." he said starring at the ceiling. "I'm sorry about your father Maxy I really am" you said and scooted closer to him and layed your head on his shoulder "I-its o-okay (Y/n), n-now each night I-I w-wait for y-you" he said blushing with a small smile

You smiled seeing his blush and rolled onto you elbows, hovering over him smiling and staring into his beautiful and full of life golden eyes and kissed him gently.

Some monsters just want to be loved~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow I mentioned basement a lot didn't I? Sorry about the weird, well everything. I just make it up to 'fit' as I go along and sorry this took so long *rubs neck sheepishly* I really suck at the endings too don't I?

If you read my anime x readers next up shall be Kyoma! Then with the help of a friend possibly Akatsuki XD geez that'll be a chore