Inside you noticed something on the ground lighting up the room slightly. Shining your flashlight on it you saw it was the flashlight you dropped last time, turned on and standing up on the other side of the room. It somehow could have rolled itself into standing up over there from when you dropped it, right?

You shined the flashlight around. You breathe hitched and you saw what looked to be a boy, he had his legs drawn up and his arms wrapped around them, you couldn't see his face though, his head was down hiding in his arms. But what really caught your attention was the exposed flesh on his arm and ribcage, it wasn't even bleeding and it looked as if his foot was replaced by bones.

Trying hard not to run to his side to help him you kept the lights beam directly on him "Hello? You alright?" you asked with shaky voice, while staying in the doorway so if needed you could bolt like a bat outta hell.

Slowly he lifted his head and you gasped. It was the face you saw before, part of his cheek was torn off and there was a cut above his lip, he had darkish blue hair and what looked to be golden eyes that turned white, like he had caterax.

He sniffled and looked up at you, he looked so sad and helpless "H-hel-lo" he answered quietly. "Why are you down here, what happened to you?" you said, cautiously stepping towards him "I l-live down h-here" he replied "You live in my basement? I haven't seen you here before" you asked, you were only about a foot away from him now. "Y-yes, w-well n-not this b-basem-ent but b-below it"

Now you were confused "You live under my basement? how?" you asked him "I-I've always lived h-here with father b-but then h-he just l-left me here a-lone" he said sadly looking down 'could his father have been the man who owned the house? and if so why did he leave him? and more importantly what did he do to him' you wondered.

"Don't you hurt?" you asked while gesturing to the open wounds. He shook is head slowly "N-no, they don't h-hurt. F-father can fix t-them like h-he always does, w-when he c-come back. He al-ways does. I just h-have to wait for him to c-come back. I've b-been w-waiting f-for so l-long. B-but fa-ther will c-come back" he said, not taking his eyes off the ground

You wanted to help him somehow, he looked so sad and lonely "Well, how would father help you? those wounds look really bad" you said slightly uncomfortable that they could get infected and that its not bothering him. "H-he would f-feed me. I haven't e-eaten in so l-long." he replied gloomily

"Well, what would you eat?"

~tiny Time skip brought to you by: Kankri. Kankri: It's very triggering to be brought into one of your stories and its especially triggering since you hadn't even asked my opinion on before such tri-

You were now sitting on the floor next to him while he ate all the raw meat you could find. He didn't want it cooked, just raw, you had learned that his father brought him dead animals and meats to eat. After he finished you asked "You said you lived under my basement, what did you mean?" he licked off one of his bone fingers and looked at you "D-down this w-way" he stood up and walked to the far wall and traced something on the side with his finger, the solid stone moved back and to the side silently, a door and through it a metal spiraling staircase, there were dim iron lanterns on the wall. Maybe half of them lit. It looked like the place you were entering was carved into smooth stones.

'Follow the boy you found in your basement that's covered in strange not bleeding wounds, who eats raw meat, and lives in a secret room under your house very smart (Y/n) nothing wrong with your logic' your brain chided as you followed him down the stairway. When you reached the bottom it opened to a large room built into the tan stone.

Along the walls iron lanterns holding candles lit the cavern-like place with a warm glow. Against one wall was a neatly made bed with poofy blankets and filled book cases and against another there were jars of who-knows-whats and small journals. The ceiling had a few small glistening stalactites