Chapter One - Party Planning

I awaken to the loud ringtone of my phone, I sit up and pick it up and read the pink name tag.

Ingrid Brooke.

"Hey Baby!" She says

"Hey! Whats up?" I said

"Can you come over? We need to go shopping for the prom night!" She says enthusiastically

"Sure, I'll be there in a bit" I say hanging up, throwing off the thin sheet 

I get dressed in a pink dress & do my makeup, after I'm done dressing I pick up a pair of soft pink heels & walk out of the door, but the voice of my mom stops me.

"Goodmorning sweetie, where you off to looking so beautiful?" She asks picking up a strand of my hair.

"Oh, Ingrid invited me to go shopping. You know, prom night stuff " I say picking up my clutch bag.

"How's Scarlet?" She says handing me an apple.

"Fine, her fifth birthday is coming up" I say walking out of the door & hoping into my truck, turning on the engine. Soon enough, the grand sign of 'Pinewood Cresent' was in front of my truck. I made a few turns to where Ingrid's house was. Just as I was turning off the engine & putting on my heels, stepping out of my car, a familiar face greeted me.

Scarlet.

"Auntie Maddie!" She said running up to me, pulling me in a hug, but than breaking away to hold my hand.

"Hey there" I said laughing

"My mommy is waiting for you upstairs. Come on!" She said pulling my hand, opening the door & running up the stairs to Ingrid's bedroom.

"Ingrid!

"Maddie!"

We both said in unison. A voice made me flinch though - It was Harvey whispering into my ear.

"Hey Babe"

I turned around to those unmistakable green eyes and threw my hands around his neck, planting a soft peck on his cheek.

"Get a room!" Scarlet yells.

We all break into laughter and look at Scarlet with sympathetic faces. 

"Just like Ingrid" I say to Harvey.

"Well come on, we have to get shopping, planning, & ordering!" Ingrid shouts, pushing everyone out of the bedroom door.

"Well, I'm not going, but I'll be ordering the food & stuff." Harvey shrugs at me & heads to his fathers office.

"Alright bye!" Ingrid says speed-walking out of the front door

We all hop into the limo & drive to Filmore Mall. On our way to the mall, Scarlet blabbers on & about starting pre-school.

"Mommy, Auntie Maddie?"

"Yes baby girl?" Ingrid says before I get the chance to speak.

"I want to start pre-school!' She whines, stomping her feet.

"Well, I don't know where the nearest pre-school is here.." She says glancing at me, "Although, I'm pretty sure your Auntie Maddie knows..

"Actually, Creekside elementary school is two blocks away from here & as far as I know, pre-school inscriptions end next week.." I say

"Well, I guess after we get done with this party planning, we'll have to go there." She shrugs.

"Alright we're here" The driver says.

All of us dismount & head to Ingrid's favorite store.

"So I've decided we need to look remotely different." Ingrid bursts.

"I though we were doing twins mommy." Scarlet says strolling through the kids section, picking her favorite pairs of clothes.

"No no, I just think twins was so last year, Like no one does it anymore." She says putting pack some clothes that Scarlet picked.

"Thats cheap, go for the more expensive" She says in a loud whisper

Wordlessly, we end splitting up looking for cute clothes, I hear Ingrid shrieking every two minutes when she finds something cute.

"Boo!" Scarlet says jumping on me.

"AH!" I scream, nearly stumble, but catch onto the table where there are beautiful dresses

After I'm done picking out everything, I come out with a salmon coral dress, matching pumps & accessories. We all meet at the front & proceed to check out. The cashier bags our clothing and we head out of the store.

"So I've been thinking, since You & I plan to invite the entire college to Prom Night, we need to make special invitiations, you know, We don't wan't any unwanted guests.." Than I look down at Scarlet. "By the time prom is ready, you'll have tons of friends, so you'll stay in your bedroom with them"

"You're on to something Maddie, Thats a great suggestion. We should hurry up, we need to call the cake planner, butler services.. This party planning is overwhelming!" Ingrid shouts, throwing her hands up in the air.

We all hurry to the limo & share our opinions on the clothing we purchased, than Scarlet's lays down & puts her head on Ingrid's lap, than soon enough, Ingrid falls asleep too. I was just about to close my eyes when the drivers voice croaks.

"We're here."

"Oh thanks" I shake Ingrid & Scarlet, they awaken & rub their eyes sleeply.

"Guys, wake up we're here." I say stepping out of the limo.

They follow after me looking dazed. We all walk up to Ingrid's bedroom.

"You guys obviously look tired, but Scarlet doesnt need to take part, So I'm going to put Scarlet in her room so we can plan" Without complaint, I pick Scarlet up & I place her on her bed, Than I walk back to Ingrid's room & plant myself on her pink seatee.

"Okay, she's in bed, whats the plan?" I say 

 "Well, I think we need to call the food deliveries, butler services, card international, security bay, see's candy, decoration supplier & the rest, we just need to buy the booze & the boys bring the spliff" She says.

"Well write down what we'll be needing on paper, Ill make the phone calls."

~Authors note~

Please vote & comment ;)