Chapter 4: Mr. Hot Dude

CHAPTER 4

(Lily's POV)

Once I pull up to the curb beside the apartment and shut off my car, I leaned my head back on the headrest and close my eyes. So much drama happened for a first day of college and I'm beginning to wonder if this will be a daily thing from now on. If it is, I might as well start writing out my will and say my goodbyes. All my thoughts have been running around since I left the campus and they all centered on one person; Trent. My hopes of getting to know the witty hot bench boy has blown out the window when I laid eyes on him in the cafe with his girlfriend. For some unknown reason, a part of me just snapped when I saw them. After all, he was the one who was openly flirting with my this morning and I shamefully fell for it. I should've expected it. No hot guy you come across could be single. Chances are, they always end up having a girlfriend. That's why I took the chance of making him look bad in front of Courtney. Even though she didn't realize it, Trent definitely knew what I was talking about. I know it was childish of me, but what's done is done. His last words to me didn't make it any better either. Who is he to come up to me and treat me like a little kid who got in trouble? I hate him even more because his response was such a simple and logical answer to settle the problem. I'm usually the one who brought the peace to people's problems, but instead Trent brought out the worst in me and made me make a complete fool of myself.

I mentally slapped myself. What was I thinking? I told myself I'd stay clear from guys for the time being. I can't manage another heartbreak when I just got out of one. For now, I just need to keep away from Trent and any other guys that I stumble upon because that is the only way I place myself away from harms way.

I abruptly bumped the top of my head as I jumped in my seat when I heard my cellphone break the silence in the car. I shovel my hands through my bag to search for it underneath all the junk. I'm in a serious need of cleaning this thing out soon. I managed to pull the phone out of the bag and quickly answered it before I missed the call.

"Hello?!" I breathed out.

"So how was the great almighty Lilliana Phillips today on her first day of college?"

"Hi Issy," I sighed.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone had a rough day," She chimed. I placed my right hand underneath my chin to prop my head up, my elbow on the stick shift.

"Oh not even. My day was terrific until you called and made me hit my head inside my car." I teased.

"Well you sure know how to make your sister feel loved, don't you?" I can already picture her rolling her eyes.

I chuckle. "C'mon, you know you're the best sister I ever had. Of course I love you!" I exclaim.

"I'm your only sister," she mumbled.

With no reply, I finally decided to get out of the car and reached over the seat to sling my bag over my shoulder with my free hand. A minute later I hear Issy over the phone and ask, "So, in all seriousness, what happened today?"

I internally groan at her change of tone and questioned, "Why do you make it sound like something bad happened?" I should've known she would catch on. For a younger sister, nothing gets past her without her noticing.

"Even on the phone, I can tell you didn't have a good day. So spill and let it out," she ordered.

I sigh, "Well the classes were fine; that wasn't the problem. My composition teacher though, he was something." I pause as I make it to the front door and pulled out the apartment key from the bag and unlock it.

"And?" she prodded. Once inside I kicked the door closed and tossed my bag on the couch. I walk over to the fridge to get a bottle of water and notice that Becca still isn't home yet.