Prologue

-The 4 Islands-50 Days before the Prefectural-
The ocean was calm and quiet, other than the male who was clutching onto a sky blue colored foam board, causing the faint noise of splashes as he kicked his feet along with the small waves.
"I have to work harder." He muttered with a half-hearted expression as he continued working on his kicks.
Pausing for a moment, the male's violet orbs gazed up at the star filled sky, a look of awe crossing his features.
"It's beautiful..."

--Meanwhile--
As noted before, the ocean was calm and quiet, at least above.
Below the water's surface, however, there was nothing but activity.
"Come on, Awa!" Giggled a (H/C) female, waving her hand in a motion to get her friend, and teacher, to catch up, before her (F/C) tail began to allow her petite form to effortlessly glide through the waters.
"Slow down, Y/N!" An older feminine voice called out.
Pouting slightly, the (H/C) sat on a rock, her arms crossed over her chest as she impatiently waited for the slightly older mammal.
Eventually, a pink dolphin swam up in a flurry of bubbles.
"Are we there yet?" The dolphin asked with a breathless look as she looked hopefully at the young mermaid, who only grinned in reply.
"I was afraid of that." She sighed.
"Come on Awa, the ship is just over here!" Giggled the (E/C) orbed female, once again swimming away and causing the pink dolphin to quickly follow with a large groan.
Eventually the two ended up at an old wreck of a ship that lied in the middle of the four islands.
"Let's see, where's the opening....Aha!"
"I'm getting too old for this, Y/N." The dolphin whined, swimming after the (F/C) tailed mermaid into the ship, glancing around at the creepy old oil paintings that had long ago been ruined.
"Awa, you're only twenty-five." The (H/C) rolled her eyes as she picked up a candle holder which looked oddly like it was made out of a spring, that, of course, the mermaid didn't know, though.
"Well with you always going off on your adventures, I feel like I'm aging much faster than that! What will your father think when he finds out you've been interested in Human things and that I've allowed it?" hissed out the sea mammal, though it was obvious that her words were falling on deaf ears as the (H/C) continued to look in awe at the different things in the ship, in which, would usually terrify those who lived under the waters.
"Geez, why do I even try?" Sighed the older one of the two.
The (H/C) hummed in reply, obviously not paying attention as her (E/C) orbs gazed at the surrounding area, sparkles suddenly surrounding her vision as her eyes landed on something shining in the moonlight from the above world.
"What's this?" She asked aloud, picking up the silver container which had embroidery and carvings of what she knew to be waterlilies.
"I-It's like an oyster!" She exclaimed in complete awe as she opened the box.
"But it's not alive." The dolphin pointed out as the mermaid pulled out a pearl ring, before tossing it over her shoulder in distaste.
"Ooh~" The (H/C) cooed, suddenly pulling out a silver chain that was connected to a silver key shaped charm, at least as big as her index finger, shaped as a diamond with simple embroidery, four angel wings -two bigger than the other two-, and there were five blue diamonds.
"Y-Y/N, I don't think you should take that." The dolphin said, warily staring at the necklace.
"But it's really pretty, Awa. Plus, what harm could it possibly do?" The female questioned, unlocking the chain and then putting the necklace around her neck.
Though, as soon as the lock clasped together, the ship began to shake.
"W-what!?" The (H/C) shouted, startled.
"It's a storm!" The dolphin explained.
The two looked at each other, before a looking of understanding crossed between them, and they both quickly began to swim out of the disastrous ship.
Just as the two got out and away from the ship, the two were blinded by a bright flash of lightning.
And then everything went dark for the (H/C) mermaid.