Chapter Four

Haha new chapter!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius eventually got the hang of raising Melania, who proved to be very like himself. At two years old she was a cheeky, pretty, mischievous child and she and Sirius got into a whole heap of trouble.

They had been invited over to James and Lily's house for Christmas and were just getting all the presents and piling them near the fireplace. Melania and Sirius had dressed up and Sirius was Santa and Melania was an elf. Sirius piled all the presents into a bag and Melania jumped in after them, Sirius slung the bag over his shoulder and jumped into the fire. He came spinning out of the fireplace in the Potter's house and bounded towards the kitchen and he burst through the door. James and Lily, who were sitting at the kitchen table playing gobstones, looked up at Sirius' explosive entrance.

"Sirius!" cried James bounding forward to hug his friend, Sirius accidently dropped his sack and it landed on the ground with a loud "OUCH!" Lily laughed as Melania crawled out of the sack, glaring at Sirius. She walked pointedly away from him and pulled herself up onto Lily's lap, which she promptly fell off. Sirius and James had joined Lily in laughing at the small girl who was glaring darkly at them all, sort of at odds to her emerald green dress, pointy toed shoes, black and red leggings and pointed ears. She got up and looked at Lily "You’re getting fat Lily flower" she informed the laughing lady who looked at Melania and then up at James who looked at Sirius and said "Lily's pregnant!" Sirius looked at James, then at Lily and then down at Melania, they both began laughing, so hard they were both rolling on the floor laughing their heads off. When they managed to compose themselves Sirius sat up and Melania crawled onto his lap. "Your doomed mate" Sirius told James happily. James was beginning to look slightly worried “But what do you mean? You raised Melania and you’re OK.”

“Ah James, you ignorant man. This little elf,” Sirius said patting Melania on the head while she grinned evilly at James “Gave me hell. You didn’t see me after the first few weeks, Moony did, and he’ll tell you what a mess I was” he looked down at Melania who was still sitting on his lap and they both smirked at James

“Mate, that’s creepy” James informed Sirius, looking at the two sitting on the floor.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, Melania jumped up with Sirius right behind her and they looked through the window. Seeing who it was they grinned and got into position, Sirius cast a charm on Melania so she could fly and she floated up until she was hanging upside down above the door. Sirius grabbed his sack and covered himself in James’ invisibility cloak. James walked out of the kitchen to get the door and laughed at the sight of them. The doorbell rang again, so James, still smiling opened the door to reveal Remus who gave James a brief hug and proceeded to cautiously looked around as Sirius and Melania had a tradition of attacking him around doors. “Where are Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum?” he asked James. James trying not to smile replied calmly “Oh they aren’t here yet, lucky for you” Remus relaxed and walked through the door with more bravery, when he began to walk down the hall Sirius silently passed Melania a bucket full of a foul smelling blue goop, she took it and silently floated above Remus. Lily came out of the kitchen to see who was at the door and had to stifle a laugh at the scene that awaited her, she hurriedly made a show of taking Remus’ cloak for him and hanging it on the peg near the door, and then she and James struck a conversation with Remus.

Sirius gave Melania a small tap on the foot, which was their signal and she hovered even higher above Remus and dumped the contents of the bucket on his head. Then, shaking with laughter she dropped the bucket on his head as well and curled into a ball in the middle of the air, howling with mirth. Remus looked quite shocked at having goop dumped on his head, followed soon by a bucket, he looked at James and Lily who were leaning on each other for support and then he saw Sirius who was rolling on the floor, the cloak discarded, then, finally Remus looked above him and saw Melania curled into a ball with her arms around her legs, laughing so hard that tears were falling down her face and landing on Remus’ head. Remus smiled, despite himself at the sight of the young girl.

Sirius, who had finally regained control of himself dug his hand into his sack and after rummaging around for a bit, finally came out with what looked a lot like… “Is that a dog lead?” Remus asked, Sirius nodded and proceeded to clip the dog lead to a small silver anklet around Melania’s leg. He tugged on the lead and the hysterical child bobbed along behind him like a balloon, as Sirius looked around he saw that the other adults all had expressions of shock on their faces. “What?” he asked

“Well, you can’t do that to her! Just take the spell off!” cried Lily

Sirius looked slightly sheepish “Ah yes about that um well we kinda made this spell ourselves and ah… wedon’tknowhowtostopityetsowejusthavetowaitafewhours.”

Remus who was used to deciphering Sirius’s gibberish when he was in trouble sighed “I’ve just got a couple of questions” he said pocking his face “How does this come off and is it supposed to be going hard?” At these words Sirius and Melania looked at each other and burst into fresh peals of laughter.