Sixteen... (Special #3)

Start from the beginning

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

And my chest tightened. I can smell the most beautiful scent, so I opened my eyes at the direction where it's coming. And to my surprise, I saw Orion looking at me and then to...

Ilea.

Orion's POV

No, no, no. This can't be happening, I can't have Artemis as my mate. She will only get hurt if she's mine.

"My dear children, if I may interrupt your celebration." The moon goddess called out, as everyone turned to look at her, "Orion has found his mates. This is the time where he will choose the one he's planning to be with."

Everyone turned to look at me, I can see Artemis looking at me hopefully her eyes full of happiness. But then I felt someone linked me, Orion if I were you? I would rather choose Ilea. She's beautiful, elegant and confident. Unlike her sister, it will be good for our pack.

My Beta, suggested. I wanted to glare at him so much, but deep inside I know he's right. So I closed my eyes, clenching my hands into fist, I announced to the whole wolf population, "I choose, Ilea as my mate and Luna. And to live with her for the rest of my life."

Hearing cheers around me, I opened my eyes. I see Ilea walked towards me smiling and gave me a hug. She held my hand and said, "Thank you."

When I looked at the crowd, I saw Artemis' eyes dulled. It broke my heart knowing I was the one who caused this. When she saw me looking, she instantly pulled a smile on her face. Assuring me that she's alright even though she's not.

"Wait, mother!"

The celebration stopped as the voice shouted. Everyone turned to Heferus as he approached our mother.

"Why didn't I meet my mate?" He demanded.

The moon goddess sighed, "Because I just learned that you will not find yours for thousands of years. According to my sisters anyway."

"What?!" He's eyes widening in realization, "But that's unfair mother. This can't be happening."

"I'm sorry child..."

Artemis intervened, "That's okay Hef, I also don't have one. Maybe we can be friends."

I frowned, "You don't need friends Art. I'm still here for you, your best friend."

"Thank you Orion, but I don't think that will be necessary. I know you already have a mate to take care of. I don't wanna be a burden." She answered smiling at me.

I shook my head, "Your not a burden Art. And what's with the Orion? You call me Ori."

"Maybe it's time I stopped calling you that. It's inappropriate for none mates to have endearments. So I suggest stop calling me Art or princess." She said it politely, but I know deep inside she's really hurt.

Without thinking I blurted out, "But your my mate too."

I wanted to slap myself, hard. I can feel Ilea stiffen from my hold.