"Finn's a crybaby!" Flora announces to the whole world, smiling.

"You're a crybaby! Now shut up!" Violet snaps, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. Flora's eyes well up with tears, and she looks away.

"Violet!" My dad snaps.

"Well!" Violet hisses back. My mom closes her eyes in frustration.

"Jayden, please take Violet, Flora and Finn home. And also Scarlett, because she says she has homework."

"Mom! Can I leave too? I have homework!" Ivy says. Or lies. I roll my eyes. That's so not going to work with mom.

"Fine." My mom says, and her eyes dull to a dark gray. "But just know that you're all grounded except Flora and Finn." She adds.

"Oh would you look at that. I just remembered that I finished my homework three hours ago. I think I'll just stay here." Ivy backtracks. I laugh, and Avery smiles.

"Nope, you go with your father."

My dad's name was Jayden, if you were wondering.

"Aw but mom!"

"Aw but Ivy!" My mom mocks, and throws the keys at dad. It was easy to tell that my mom wore the pants in the marriage.

My dad got up from the chair and everyone who was supposed to leave followed suit. Now it was me, my mom, Avery, Scarlett and Steven.

"So Avery, how was your-," My mom starts, until I see Jones.

"Hey man." Jones says to me while standing up. I see a figure slightly hiding behind him.

"Hey." I reply, and look behind him. "Who's the mystery girl?" I ask, and try to peek behind him. Jones smiles.

"This is-,"

"Ohmygosh..." I hear Avery mutter as soon as the girl comes out. Oh great another gray eyed girl. Damn.

I still had my hand on Avery's thigh, and I feel her cold hands grasp mine. I look at her in worry.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask her.

"I'm-...I'm gunna...Wow, yeah, I'm going to-,"

"No, stay, Avery." Jones's girlfriend says. Avery tries to speak again but nothing comes out. Then she finally peeps out,

"Okay."

"So, where'd you guys meet?" Mom says, her eyes clouded with suspicion. The girl's eyes is fixated on Avery, and Avery is cowering away in fear. I keep staring at Avery, because she looks about ready to piss in her pants.

"We met at a party." Jones says, looping his hand on his girlfriend's waist. Then my mom loses it.

"A party?! You guys are so irresponsible! What party?! Where? When? What time exactly! Ian! Ivy! Scar- I mean JONES!"

Mom always did that when she was mad. She always screwed up our names and then blamed us for being so confusing.

"Yeah?" Jones asks. I only hear his voice though, because I'm staring at Avery quizically. She's never looked at me like that; So scared, I mean. I look over the table, and see the girl glaring at Avery.

"Hey, cut it out." I growl at Jones's girlfriend. Her head snaps towards me, and her fierce gray eyes narrows as she looks at me.

"What do you mean?" She snaps at me. My mom and Jones stops arguing, Steven continues to stare at Avery, Scarlett looks lazily at Jones, and Avery looks like she just found out that there was a serial killer stalking her.