Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Haneul's POV

It was only less than a month left until the entrance exams from the different universities she applied to would take place. And after that, will be the regional competition and with luck, the Nationals will be after.

Haneul knew she had no time to waste and had to balance everything so she strode off to Kyuhyun's house with a determined face.

"Haneul-a, have you eaten breakfast already?" Kyuhyun's mom asked her when she got inside.

"Yes, Auntie. Is Kyuhyun in his room?" Haneul asked.

"Yes. You know that he doesn't leave to go anywhere if you're not with him." She teased.

Haneul rubbed her neck, feeling bashful. "Is that so?"

Kyuhyun's mom giggled. "You two are perfect for each other. Now go upstairs. Don't worry, I'll knock first when I bring snacks." She winked.

She knew her cheeks had that tinge of pink now. "Uhh, yeah."

She went up the stairs and opened the door to Kyuhyun's room. She expected him to be still asleep so she got taken aback to see him sitting in his bed with his laptop.

She placed her hands on her hips. "Isn't it too early for you to play Starcraft?"

"It's a weekend." He answered casually.

"Still." She contemplated on her words. Should she really ask him for this?

"Are you just going to stand there?" He said without taking his eyes off from his game.

"I need to tell you something."

Maybe he sensed the seriousness in her voice so he closed his laptop and turned his full attention to her. "What is it?"

She took a deep breath. Okay, here goes nothing. "I think we should break up for awhile, Kyunnie."

Kyuhyun just stared at her for so long after what she said. There was no expression in his face so she doesn't have an idea on what's going on in his mind.

"What I mean is, we should --"

"No."

"Huh?"

He got his laptop again and flipped it open. "No. End of conversation." He said firmly.

"I don't mean that we should break up completely. Just a break.. some space, you know? So I can concentrate on my exams and the competition."