'the hope' sequel

This is just a preview of the first chapter for the sequel to this story. Hope you like it :)

The sequel is called 'The hope'

3 months later

Chase pov

Mr davenport came marching into the living room, grabbing everyone's attention.
"Chase I have big news. Okay you don't have to accept this but military base 2 called me and asked me to help with fix and upgrade some of their technical gear. However I can not go because of a very important conference that I have to be here for. I told them about you and your intelegence." Mr davenport said. We all looked at him in shock.

"Wait Mr davenport, you told them about my bionics." I questioned in disbelief.

"No of cause not. I just told them how you are a genius just like me. Although not as handsome as me." Mr davenport gloated. I saw bree looking at me after that last comment, disagreeing with Mr davenport. I sent her a smile as a thanks.

"And so chase they just need your help for a couple of days to help upgrade their gadgets. I show you everything you need to do before you go. Plus it will look great on your university application for the end of the year and pretty much garentee and university you want. So what do you say." Mr davenport finished. Wow this is huge. I mean I have to do it. This will help show people my true intelligence.
I looked over to bree who didn't have a very supporting look on her face.

"I'll have to think about it." I answered
I need to talk to bree before I decide.

"Chase what do you mean you'll have to think about it that sounds awesome." Leo said jumping up from his seat.

"Mr davenport if chase doesn't want to do it I'll do it." Leo pleaded

"Leo I don't think that you would be able to handle that kind of technology."Mr davenport reasoned. Leo plopped back down in his seat.

"Not fair." He said crossing his arms.

"I'll do it" Adam piped up. But as soon as Adam stood up Mr davenport pushed him back down by his shoulder.

"Yeah, no way." Mr davenport stated bluntly.

I got up in silence and walked upstairs. I went to 'the cave' to think for a while. It wasn't long until bree joined me.

"Chase" bree called as she walked in.

"Bree I saw the way you looked at me when Mr davenport made the offer for me to go. Why don't you want me to go. It's only for a couple of days. Plus like Mr davenport said this could help me with my future." I questioned. I honestly don't understand why bree wouldn't support me on this

"chase it's not that. It's the fact to you would be on a real military base. You could get hurt." Bree argued.

" I don't want you to get hurt." Bree's voice became soft and weak. I wrapped my arms around her body to comfort her.

"Bree this is such a great opportunity, I have to go. I'm sure I'll be fine....It's only a couple of days, I promise."

Hey guys this is the lead up to the sequel.

The hope (for family)
Summary

Chase is offered a mission to help update military software and weaponry. Something goes wrong and he returns later than promised. He comes back with deadly wounds leaving him unable to train as well as needing to keep them a secret. The reality of what happened to him in those few months are stuck haunting him each night.
Meanwhile trying to fight the vivid memory of what happened, a friend from the military base comes to chase's home after finding a picture that belonged to chase. The picture displaying a familiar face from his past.