Chapter 1

Arthur sighed for the umpteenth time and leaned back in his chair next to the hospital bed.

"Chill bro, sighing isn't gonna wake (y/n) up." Alfred took another bite out of his hamburger and Arthur glared at him.

"I know that you bloody git, and you're not supposed to eat in the hospital!"

Alfred shrugged and finished his burger, mumbling, "Ze pahents iit hear all ze taim (The patients eat here all the time)"

"And you're not a patient you bloody git."

Alfred grinned and hit Arthur's head, earning a growl from him.

"Well, I have to go catch up with Mathias and Gilbert now. Bye!"

Alfred went out the door and raced through the hallways, earning shouts to stop running.

Arthur rubbed his head where Alfred had hit him and looked back at (y/n), who was still sleeping peacefully on the bed.

He smiled sadly at the peaceful look on her face and kissed her forehead lightly, "Please wake up soon, (y/n)."

Walking around the room, he began to boil some water to make some tea he had brought with him.

Once the water boiled, he made his tea and (fav/hot/drink) for if (y/n) woke up.

Settling back into the seat with his tea and a book, he went to the bookmarked page and started reading, occasionally taking sips of his tea.

He was mildly aware when Matthew came in and placed some flowers on the table beside (y/n)'s bed.

Arthur nodded at the almost invisible boy and went back to his book.

Matthew stayed for a while, quietly talking to his polar bear before taking his leave silently.

Sighing, Arthur closed his book and finished his tea, going over to the basin to wash it.

Looking over at the now cold (f/d) on the table, he picked it up and sipped it.

The familiar flavour of the drink filled his mouth and he put the cup down.

Looking sadly at (y/n) again, he poured the drink into a plastic bottle and put it into his bag.

Picking up his bag, he leaned down over (y/n) and pecked her forehead, pushing her hair behind her ear before smiling and going out the room door.

It was already around 6 and visiting times were almost over.

With a final glance at the hospital, he walked out of its doors and into the frosty winter air.

It may have been February, but that didn't mean that the weather in London was any less cold.

Stuffing his hands into his coat pockets, Arthur quickly started to walk back to his apartment.

Following the familiar route back, he frowned at the thought of going back to work the next day.

Since it was the weekend, he could spend the day at the hospital.

When he got back to his apartment, he quickly entered and locked the door, immediately going to his room and stripped of his thick coat.

Just as he was about to go and have a bath, his phone rang.

Digging through his pockets, he picked up his phone and answered, "Yes?" He pulled his phone away from his ear as a series of shouts and yells were heard from the other side.

"Iggy! Could you come over? I need some help! Thanks!" Arthur heard some yelling over the noise and the call ended.

He groaned and ran a hand through his hair. 'What in the bloody world does Alfred want now?!'

Hi :) Uhh my chapters will be short, and I update whenever, usually takes me very long, sorry in advance about that.

Have an iggy

I'm not good at these kind of things, but I hope you enjoy the stories ^^