{1}

"DESTINY!"  my bestfriend, jasmine yelled, running down the steps.

jasmine is my 21 year old bestfriend and roommate. me on the other hand is 22 years old. we live in our own house in nyc, just like we've dreamed of since the 7th grade.

she came around the corner of the house and into the kitchen where i was. i looked her up and down, noticing that she was wearing my black and gold bodycon dress.

"where are you going..in my dress?" i asked her as i grabbed a water bottle out of the refrigerator.

she did a little twirl, her hair flowing with her and asked "do i look good?", ignoring my question.

i nodded and her phone dinged. she scattered around the living room, looking for it as i started to make myself dinner. she found her phone and read the text message silently.

"fuck." she mumbled seconds later. i turned around to look at her.

"what's wrong?" i asked. she leaned on the kitchen island and sighed.

"myka can't make it to the nightclub so i don't have anyone to go with anymore."

i knew what she was about to ask me so i nodded and tried to walk out of the room.

"can you come with me, destiny?"

fuck.

i looked down at the floor and sighed.

"i really don't want to, jasmine. you know me and clubs don't get along." i said as flashbacks from previous nightclub events flooded my mind-me getting into a fight with another girl...me damn near almost getting a glass bottle slammed into my head..jasmine getting too drunk that i had to carry her on my back so we could go home..

i shook my head and put those memories to side. she came over to me and shook me by my shoulders.

"PLLEEAASSEE DESTINY!! IT'LL BE FUN! and do you really wanna be home alone on a saturday night?" obviously, i do. but since she wasn't going to leave me alone about this anytime soon, i gave in and said okay.

she squealed and jumped up and down then hugged me, saying thank you. she always seemed to get whatever she wanted.

"COME ON!" she yelled, running back upstairs, nearly missing a step. "I'LL HELP YOU GET READY!"

i sighed, grabbed my phone and walked up to my room. what did i do?