8 | Visiting

Anakin's POV:

Lydia walked up the ramp of the ship as it got ready to leave to Planet Alderaan. She was beautiful as always, a white dress with purple lining, and grey leggings underneath.

I could also see her lightsaber on her belt, but it was hidden under a layer of her dress. I knew her Father wouldn't approve, although he had no say.

Obi-Wan hurried aboard, sighing of relief. "Forgive me and my almost absence, Master Yoda was having trouble with a youngling helmet."

I chuckled as he sat down next to me.

"Master Kenobi, how long will we be on Alderaan?" Lydia asked.

"Precisely a day." He answered. "Long enough to defend the Rebel Base."

I looked at Obi-Wan. "Perhaps Count Dooku is behind the assassinations."

Obi-Wan shrugged. "I don't think we should assume until we find enough proof as to who it is."

I nodded. "Forgive me, Master."

-

Lydia's POV:

I inhaled a breath as we landed on Alderaan. I was happy to be back in the short time, but I wasn't happy or looking forward to facing my Father.

The guards stepped aside as we walked through the main doors of the Palace, heading down the marble hallway. I turned the corner and opened the doors to see my Father and his guards.

"Lydia, so glad you are back." He said to me.

"Not for long." I said, stepping forward. "We came with a mission."

"Mission?" My Father scoffed.

Obi-Wan cleared his throat. "Sir Jonu, it seems that the Rebel Base is in need of protection."

"I don't believe you." My Father muttered, his hands behind his back. "I haven't sensed any danger since Lydia left."

"Because she isn't here to be assassinated." Anakin argued. "Forgive me, Sir Jonu, but this is getting out of hand."

I turned around as the doors opened, revealing more guards.

When I turned around, I was taken back at the sight of my Father pointing a Blaster at me.

"I am no fool, Lydia. I see the lightsaber on your belt." He said through gritted teeth.

"You have no say in what I do anymore, Father. The Jedi are protecting me, and I am learning to protect myself." I argued.

His eyebrows furrowed together as his hand shook, leaving me to freeze in my place.

"It is forbidden." He hissed. "You are no Jedi!"

As the blaster went off, I quickly blocked the laser with my lightsaber.

"The Jedi have done more for me than you ever have."

The room's volume became extreme as blaster went off, causing Anakin, Obi-Wan and I to block them with our lightsabers.

"It was a mistake to come back!" Obi-Wan yelled. "There is no persuading them!"

As the guards increased, Anakin shouted.

"Hold!"

Everyone went silent, and I could finally breathe again. My Fathers eyes were on mine, and I swallowed.

"Enough!" A Female voice yelled.

I turned around to see my Mother walking in slowly, her cane in her grip. Her wobbling legs ceased to not give up, and she stood next to my Father.

"You will not hurt her." She said to my Father. "She is our Daughter."

His eyes met hers, and a strike of nausea erupting through my stomach.

I had a bad feeling.

"She has broken the Family Rule, Jeena." He growled. "She is a Jedi."

"You love her unconditionally, Juno." She said calmly.

He looked up at me again, and back at her.

"You've taken her side over your own Husband."

A scream escaped my mouth as my Father's blaster made contact with my Mother's stomach, going off. She fell to her knees, and I felt my heart stop.

"No!" I screamed, lifting my lightsaber. I sprung towards my Father, and didn't stop myself as I struck it through his chest, hearing him gasp for air.

"Lydia!" Anakin yelled.

I watched as my Father's eyes met mine. His head fell back as he stared at me.

"You killed her." I yelled.

Anger rushed through my veins as he took his last breath, and I let go of him.

I ran to my Mother who laid on the floor, her skin pale and cold. I pressed my forehead to hers before dragging my fingertips across her eyelids, closing them.

A hand wrapped around my arm, and I tried to fight them off, but they were much stronger than me. I looked up and calmed myself down once I seen that it was Anakin.

"You went against the Galactic Law." He said to me. "If the Council finds out, you will be suspended."

I lowered my eyes as he pulled me onto my feet.

"When we get back to Coruscant, you are ordered to visit Master Yoda immediately." Obi-Wan told me.

Tears formed in my eyes as we walked towards the ship, letting it take us back to Coruscant.