chapter 11

Demitri's POV

It was 12:26 and Terra still wasn't back yet. She's been gone for over half an hour in the woods. She really must've loved that Misti girl, too bad shes dead though. I think shes dead, she wouldn't have survived an attack against 6 giant wolves. Even if she turned into one... and that other wolf, the deep gray one that shot out of the trees, he would've easily killed her. he was the biggest out of the pack. Was he with her though? I dought it. The way he shot out and charged made it obvious that he was going for the girl. One of the sand colored ones just got in the way. easy as that. Besides her being dead is better for Terra. She won't have to loose more friends and family this way. Now there wouldn't be the constant worry of knowing if Misti's alright. Shes gone and theres nothing I can do about it.

But was she really dead? all I saw was her being chased by a russet colored one and the big gray one into the woods after the fight.

they seemed to be going the same direction Terra ran. I wonder wh- my walkie-talkie cut me off with The General's voice. "Dimitri, did you get anything from hunting?" his voice was still deep and gravely after all those years in the marines.

it was 13 years ago; my father was screaming at me about how he was ashamed at me for letting his daughter, my sister go off to join the marines by her self. my father was a Lieutenant General (3 stars) which was under our full General (4stars ), General Peter Nikes. so after screaming at me for the thousands time, he said something I never thought he would say. he said 'I would never trust a boy like you to save my life. your weak. spineless. a toltal discrase to the familey.' I ended up enlisting in the marines the next day. I sent the next 5 years trying to outrank my father so he would have to salute me. but he died before he could. two weeks after he died, I was promoted to a full 4 star asistent General. I was put with the brave and strong Peter Nikes. we fought side by side like blood brothers.we always looked out for one and other.General Peter Nikes had a family. a wife and kids. he told me about his oldest, Jessica, his 14 year old daughter His wife, Jane, who was 36 and has been the town's best baker for over 9 years, and his 9 year old boy twins, Jack and Luke, who are the spitting image of their dad with features like their noses and eyebrows from their mother. By the time he was done, I felt like I knew them all my life. He told me everything; from the moment they were born, to his draft in the marines. with all the baseball practices and threats to future boyfriends in between.

Terra and that Misti girl kinda reminded me of us.

" No sir. Some giant wolf monsters chased off any meat in the area." it was a far fetched story, but its the truth. but knowing Peter, he always had a logical explanation for stuff.

" Just...come back. We'll go out later. We need to train anyways."

"Yes sir." I said, signing off.

Now I had to find Terra.