Finally, I feel so at peace here with her. This is a feeling I never wanted to go away and I know, that as long as I'm with Ali, it won't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Ali's P.O.V)

It's Monday morning and I'm waiting for Ava to come pick me up. Since she started dating Elliot we haven't hung out much. She asked me to go to her house yesterday but I was busy with Dylan so I couldn't.

We practically spent the whole day talking about old memories and just laughing at the silly ones. It was one of the best days I've had in a while and I miss him already.

"Hey," I beam excitedly at Ava as I slide into her camaro and pull her in for a tight hug.

"Hey there stranger," she answers, hugging me back.

"I've missed you a lot you know."

"I know, I'm sorry, it's just that Elliot and I, just, everything is so amazing." Ava says, I can practically see the excitement in her ocean blue eyes. I smile and then ask her all about it, listening intently as she tells me. I'm so happy that she's finally happy.

As we get to school, I start to dread the fact that I have to see Dereck and break up with him today. I'm really not good with break-ups. Which reminds of the last time I had to do it, I remember how he got mad at me and punched his bedroom wall, yeah, he's a bit violent and doesn't take well to being dumped. That's probably why I'm more nervous than I should be.

Getting out my books from my locker, I feel an arm tightly wrap around my waist. I smile and twist in my steps to look at the person behind me thinking that it's Dylan, only to realise it's actually Dereck. Oh no.

"Oh hey," I say, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice but clearly failing. He looks at me weirdly then just shakes it off and kisses me softly on the lips, I reluctantly kiss back. I can't help but feel like I'm being disloyal to Dylan and we're not even dating. Weird right?

"Dereck, um, we need to talk." I say, not being able to look him in the eye. Instead I look at all the people surrounding me. I can't help but notice a few junior girls giving me the stink eye. Probably because they're jealous that I'm dating Dereck. Well don't worry girls, in just a matter of time he'll be all yours.

"What's wrong, Ali?" he asks me with a concerned look on his face.

"It's just that..." I trail off, not being able to finish my sentence. I really wasn't made for this whole breaking up ordeal. Okay inhale, exhale.

"Ali what's wrong?" he asks, his tone is now serious.

How the hell do I say that it's over? I don't want to hurt his feelings but I don't like him in that way anymore, all the feelings I once had for him went right out of the window on the day he betrayed me. Why does this have to be so hard?

"Babe you can tell me," he encourages me, stroking my cheek softly with his thumb. I really don't know what to say.

"I just..." before I could even finish my sentence the bell rings, so I quickly leave his grip and stride over to my classroom without looking back. Talk about being saved by the bell, huh?

We have art first which is awesome because it's my favourite subject. It always helps me to relax. Plus, this will give me time to think of how I'm going to tell Dereck that it's over.

Finally reaching my class I notice Jake and Alex sitting at the back of the class flirting with a few girls. Jake spots me and immediately shoos off the girls that were surrounding him and calls me over.

Emily, I think her name is, has clearly had a crush on Jake for God knows how long so as I make my way towards them I can't help but pick up on the dirty looks she's giving me.