Supply search

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(few days later...)

"Hey Ryan?"

Its been close to a week since we ran into each other and agreed to be partners/ friends and so far we've managed but looking through the supply boxes we keep everything in I realized that we needed more food and water.

"What?". He came up the stairs that lead down to the basement. we just moved into a a new house that was literary right next door, so I wouldn't call it a major move but we still keep stuff in my old house just in case.

"So I was looking through our supplies and noticed that were running low on a few things"

"Yeah I've noticed that too, probably need to go on a supply search again"

We haven't been out in the open since three days ago and that was the last time we went searching for anything that could hold as a barricade around the front of the two houses. Barb wire was what we could find and I was responsible for setting it up as Ryan watched in case any zombies tried to attack me from behind.

The barricade was holding up pretty well but the only issue we had with it was we had to be careful going back and forth between it or one of us ends up with a nasty cut. Trust me that happened to me twice when setting it up.

"okay, this time how about we split up" he suggested "we can cover more ground that way"

He had a point but I don't know if that was the smartest thing to do, we hardly knew our way around here and I was worried he might get lost.

"I'll check around the manufacturing buildings and train yard cause I'm pretty sure their has to be a lot of stuff around their"

"I don't know Ryan, I'm not so set on the idea of splitting up" I said "what if something happens to one of us?"

"it's simple, if one of us is not back here before sun down then something went wrong" he said grabbing one of his guns from the chests in the living area. "so if I'm out past sunset that's when you start worrying, got it?"

I still didn't like the idea as I had a bad feeling we weren't the only people here that weren't part if the undead... but we desperately need more supplies so I agreed and said I would be looking through some of the apartment buildings and the library that was down the street.

it was getting close to noon so it now would be the perfect time to start heading to the apartment buildings more down in the city area. Before we parted ways we both promised each other to be safe and not do anything stupid.

I have all day to look for more food and such might as well start moving.

~~~~~~~~~~

(few hours later...)

"oh shoot" muttering to myself as two or three zombies trailing behind me. I just came out of a apartment building when these zombies started hounding me, it was getting close to the afternoon and I have yet to check out the library that was connected to a local college and was around the corner.

I didn't feel like fighting them as I was still tried from fighting off a few back in that building so to lose them I take a short cut that I believe that leads straight to the library. nearing the end of the alleyway I take out a gun that I had with me just in case, it had a scope on it and before considering to cross the empty street I quickly scan the area.

no zombies that I can see so it must be safe, but taking a another look around I quickly cross the street with no problems and made it into the library. I swear these days keep getting more hectic, taking a breather for a minuet I look around to see that the power was out which was no surprise and it was dead silent.

Good cause I need a break from those flesh eaters for just a second. By the looks of the building from outside their wasn't much to search, well for a library that is. But I might as well get started looking for anything that might be of use.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Night time)

Okay so I may have misjudged the size of this library. It was bigger then I anticipated.

Though this place wasn't that bad for finding some loot, found more food or more like canned goods that could last for a week or two which was great. but I didn't search the library completely, probably bring Ryan over here so the searching can go by faster.

since this was a library and I liked to read here and their I also found some books that could be entertaining, I hope Ryan doesn't mind. speaking of Ryan I hope he was alright, that feeling in the back of my head never went away that someone else was here, but that's probably me being paranoid again.

"Oh crap! It's already night time!"

I was too busy searching this place to even glance out the window and when I do it's night time.

"Fuck, he's probably worried about me" I mumbled to myself. Running past bookshelf after bookshelf and making sure I didn't leave any thing important behind. Making a mental note about where I left off before heading outside weapon in hand.

A few stray zombies were staggering around but were too far away to notice me. Just my luck huh? Quietly crossing the street while keeping my gaze on the group I made it safely to the alley I came from.

Letting out a breath and adjusting the bag on my shoulder I cautiously make my way home.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Ryan!". I moved the barricade that was blocking the door and moved it back in place when I'm inside. Surprisingly their wasn't that many zombies out this time and had no trouble getting home.

"Dude I found a lot of stuff where I was looking at". I set down a duffle bag full of supplies. "And by the looks of it this can last for a few weeks".

I was expecting him to greet me at the door or at least say something but nothing. My guess that he was asleep so I go to the basement to check, he moved down their as it was more spacious.

"Ryan?"

Walking down the small set of stairs I would have assume he was down here sound asleep but he wasn't down here at all.

I was starting to get worried, he said sun down we both had to be back and he's not here. Checking the other house next door in case he may have went their but no sign of him their either.

"We're is he?"

He may have for hounded by zombies and had to his out in a building for the night? I don't know but I'm not going to think the worst now. He'll probably be back in the morning.

"I hope..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
What do you think? Did something happen to Ryan?