The Chambers don't like Scar's momma

Scarlet's POV

I was released from the hospital two weeks later when my mother, Raya, flew in from wherever she was living with her new girlfriend. My other mother didn't care when I called her and told her I was in the hospital and I needed her to sign me out. I looked up at my Momma and sighed as we got in the car. She was taking me to Ana's.

"Scar baby, why didn't you call me sooner? I would have come as soon as I knew. You know that." She said.

No I don't.

"You never call me to see how I'm doing so I guess I just thought you didn't care." I said.

"Scar. I call you all the time. Mom says that you got a new number so I'd have to wait until you called me. I call the house to talk to you every day." She said.

"No you don't." I said.

"Yes I do. You never want to talk to me." She said.

"I would love to talk to you! I miss you so much! You just left me! Mom's a drunken mess! She beats and starves me when I'm home! And you don't give a damn!" I yelled at her.

She looked at me, "Scar. When's the last time you ate something?"

"In the hospital." I said.

"Want to go get some food? We can talk?" She asked.

"...Sure." I said.

"Where too?" She asked me.

"Taco Bell. I want some tacos!" I said, making her laugh.

"You are my child." She laughed.

"Not biologically." I said.

"No?" She asked.

"No. Am I? I always thought Mom was my bio mom." I said.

"No. You came from me. We just didn't want you knowing because mom wanted to have you. She couldn't carry kids." She said.

"There's a reason." I said.

"Scar. The doctor told me that you had some cracked ribs. Where are they from?" She asked me.

I didn't answer.

"Is she hurting you that bad?" She asked.

I nodded as tears came to my eyes.

"Scar. Let me take you home with me." She said.

"No. I'm not leaving Ana and her family. They're family. They love me and take care of me. Veronica even helps me when I come over at 2 in the morning after mom falls asleep after she beats me. I'm not leaving them." I said.

"Then I'll move back here." She said.

"What about your family?" I asked.

"You're my family. You should be my first priority. And you are." She said.

"Then just let me live with them. They'll take care of me. I don't want to take you away from them Momma. Come visit me. That's all." I sighed.

"What if I told you, that I don't have a girlfriend anymore? I just haven't moved back here because I thought you hated me." She said.

"Are you lying to me?" I asked as she ordered our food.

She handed me my drink, "Of course not. I love you Scarlet. I'll drop you off and take the next plane home. Then I'll get my stuff together and move back here. You can still be part of Ana's family and I can see my daughter."

I like that idea.

"Okay." I said.

"Yeah?" She asked.