Didn't Get To Say "I love you"

My love has five more months to live. The doctors said so. The relief in my heart brought hope as doctors did their best to find a cure for him. Our love would be eternity. A happy ending to us, then our children, then the next generation and on.

But then again, my love is just an unrequited love. We're both in our thirties and the more we see each other, the more I fell for him. His name is Jason. Jason Alston. Single, 36, brown hair, silver eyed, strong muscular jaw, and then the rest of him was covered in a hospital gown, but I could still tell that he was fighting. His arms and legs were strongly built from nightly workouts, unlike me.

"Vincent." I jerked from my daze as Jason's silver eyes met mine. "Why so sad?" He said with concern, brushing his fingers up my cheek, bringing tears to my eyes.

"I...I'm sorry." I meant to say, but he wouldn't let me say it when he pressed a finger against my lips, shushing me. Tears dripped from my eyes, my hand holding his. I was always the emotional one, the one that was never strong. Jason slowly sat up with me frantically trying to sit him up gently. I heard him chuckle closely in my ear, tickling my ear. I gasp and pulled away, causing him to laugh.

"Why so tense, Vincent?" I felt my face flush red and playfully punched him in the arm. "Ow! You're not suppose to hit a patient."

"If it's you then I can." I stuck out my tongue childishly. Laughing, he grabbed me closely with his strong arms and hugged me. I froze in his arms and let the warmth from his body take over mine, my heart overflowing with happiness. I didn't care if he didn't return my feelings, at least I'm stuck to his side then it's fine...yes it'll be fine. Everything will be fine.

"Vincent."

"Huh?"

"You dazed off again."

"Oh uh sorry." I rubbed the back of my neck shyly. "W-want some fruits? I'll buy you some." I said as I got up, but Jason held my hand and pulled me down to his bed. I crashed down on him and panicked, but Jason laughed again and hugged me to him. 

"J-Jason!" I exclaimed. "What the hell!? I could have crushed you and killed you with my weight!"

Jason pulled one of his puppy eyes on me and smiled. "But you didn't, besides, you don't weigh that much anyways."

I gaped at him and slapped him on the chest. He chuckled and hugged me. His breath was close to my neck, sending shivers down south where sparks perked mini me up. I felt the jerk smirk and lowered his hand down my stomach. Oh did I never mention that Jason's bisexual? Well he goes toward my way more than the other way, if you know what I mean.

"J-Jason, stop! A n-nurse might walk in." I quickly stated.

"Who cares?" He huffed into my ear, causing me to squeak in surprise. It had been a while since we've played around, but with him sick, I couldn't bear myself to do it.

"I do!" I shouted angrily, pushing away. We both stared at each other in surprise then I turned away, red in embarrassment.

"Lately, you've been dazing off. What are you thinking?" He said in the most upset voice that set me of the edge. There was never a minute that I can relax around him and I can't let him know-

"Vincent, look at me." I hesitated, but the demand in his tone sent my heart pounding. "Vincent."

Tears once again made their way to my eyes and spilled like waterfalls. Sobs made their way up my throat as I covered my face. I couldn't stop them. Why? Because Jason didn't have long. He only had a few weeks more and then he would be gone.

Then arms squeezed me in a more friendly way than normal as I looked up with my tear-streaked face. Shockingly, Jason was crying too. Tears dripped from his eyes to my cheek, making me wrap my arms around his waist and cry away as he silently cried on my shoulder. Nobody wants to lose their best friend, especially when one of them was your life-long crush.