Fact 23: MLP Connections

Spider-Man: Mysterious Mare Do Well season 2: Rainbow Dash: "never fear, your friendly neighborhood Rainbow Dash is here."
Harry Potter: I've been watching the Harry Potter movies again a few times lately and I've spotted that there's actually a fair few similarities with MLP, particularly with Celestia and Dumbledore. The most obvious is that magic is a major theme in both worlds, but both also teach that love/friendship is the most powerful form of magic. Both Celestia and Dumbledore are presented as old wise leaders who are the head of their respective institutions and are amongst the most powerful beings in their worlds. Both Celestia and Dumbledore have a faithful student who are both talented at magic and are the main protagonists of the series fighting the worlds evils, and Twilight/Harry see Celestia/Dumbledore as idols or parent figures who can do no wrong. Both Celestia and Dumbledore live in castles and both have a pheonix for a pet. The similarity between Celestia and Dumbledore is referenced in Magical Mystery Cure when Celestia tours Twilight through the heavenly realm much like Dumbledore did for Harry in The Deathly Hallows, which most likely was a partly intentional reference. Both worlds have a dark forest surrounding the home of the protagonists, filled with dark creatures that will kill, and both worlds have a creature loving protagonist living in a cottage on the edge of the forest. I wonder how aware the writers are of all these things in common.
Also, a possible parallel between Luna and Snape, both having experience with the dark side but in the end are companions to Celestia/Dumbledore.
Dr. Who: Dr. Whooves/Time Turner
Startrek: Parasprites based on tribbles
JK Rowling: AK Yearling