Living or dying

"Kids! Come down you have a visitor!" Mom screamed causing us all to wake up.

"Who'd come over at 7:30 in the morning?" I asked agitated.

"I don't know but whoever it is, is going to get screamed at." Joan said flopping back down under the pillows. Dan got up and tried to leave but slammed into the door.

"I see you're still tired." I said.

"Yeah, I'm still asleep." Dan said opening the door. We all got up and walked down the stairs. We walked into the living room and saw mom and Thomas sitting on the couches. When mom heard us, she turned around.

"Hey kids, your friend Thomas here was just telling me about how you guys went around the town yesterday." Mom said smiling.

"Yeah, he's not our friend." I said as we came into the living room.

"Okay, well I'll get started on breakfast." Mom said heading to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Yeah, dude it's Saturday. That's our day to sleep in." Dan said plopping down on one of our couches.

"Three days remember. I only have three days to wow Julia and I'm not just going to put it on pause because it's Saturday." Thomas said looking at me.

"See how annoying he is?" I asked Joan as if Thomas wasn't sitting right there.

"Okay seriously, what do you want Thomas?" Joan asked.

"I only have three days. Blame Julia not me." Thomas said still looking at me. Joan rolled her eyes and went into the kitchen, Dan followed. I stood there crossing my arms and glaring at Thomas.

"You look pretty even when you're mad at me." Thomas said then got up and walked past me into the kitchen. I followed him.

"What?" I whispered when I was beside him. He stared straight ahead and smiled without answering my question.

"Mom, we don't really have time for breakfast. We're going to go explore the town a little more." Dan said.

"Okay. You kids have fun." Mom said. We all raced up the stairs and into our rooms to change.

When we came back down, Thomas was waiting for us on the front porch.

"If you ever pull a stunt like that again, I'm going to have to slap you." I said to Thomas as I grabbed my bike.

"Stunt like what?" Thomas asked.

"Coming over on a Saturday at 7:30." I yelled.

"You won't need that." Thomas said pointing to my bike. "We're walking today." He said causing us all to groan.

"Come on man, we're lazy." Dan whined. Joan nodded in agreement. Thomas smiled and started walking towards the rode. We all followed.

I walked beside Thomas and Dan and Joan walked behind us.

"Hey look, John's house!" Joan squealed at the sight of her boyfriends' house. "I'm going to go get him. He's coming with us." Joan ran up to Johns' house and we all waited on the side of the rode.

"Who's John?" Thomas asked.

"Joan's boyfriend." I answered starring at the house.

"Oh, so I suppose you have a boyfriend too?" Thomas asked.

"Ha! No." I said never taking my eyes off the house. John and Joan came over to us holding hands.

"Who's this?" John asked pointing to Thomas.