Chapter 4.

"I'm not gonna lie, I do think you look fit for a girl who had a baby."

"Mighty fit, it's too bad she's not single," Ashton jokes.

I loved the idea of having all of my friends over. My life had been lonely before I met Harry and his friends. It was filled with nothing but blame and things I never wanted to encounter again. But I was happy now. I was finally enjoying my life.
I don't even think anything could ruin this feeling. Nothing.

My phone rings, buzzing repeatedly on the counter.

"Oh, come on, we had our differences, mate, but we're all good now," Harry says, patting Niall's shoulder.

"Oi, you gonna answer that? It's been ringing since you placed it there."

Huffing, I grab the phone and answer without checking to see who it was.

"Hello?"

"Bo?"

Wait.. a second..

"Um, who's this?"

"It's your mother, Bo. Your father and I are back from our long vacation, we would love to see how you and Harry are doing. Where is he?"

You've got to be kidding me. Why did she sound so different? She sounded... Sober. As if she was herself again before my dad died. Before she blamed me for his death.

"Uh, we're at a friend's house.. Can I call back?"

I put the phone on my lap, glancing at Harry. He looks at me & grabs my phone.

"What's wrong, Bo?"

He looks at my phone and checks recent calls, staring at the unknown number. My mom hadn't even used her phone number to call, instead, she called on a blocked number.

"Can I just... Yeah," I stutter, slowly getting up and walking to the stairs. I walk up sluggishly, staring ahead with a blank expression. Why would she even dare to contact me after all this time she left Harry and I unattended?

"Wait guys." I could hear Harry following behind me. He followed me into our room, shutting the door behind him. "What's wrong? Who was that?"

"Mom." I answer, sitting on the bed. He stands in front of me, looking down at me. He gets closer, cupping my cheeks with his hands, making me look up at him.

"What did she want?"

"She wanted to see how we were doing. Plus, she came back from a vacation. Can you believe that? All this time, they were on vacation."

"And my dad?"

"She didn't mention him."

"Odd.." he says, letting go of my face. He bites his lip. In the past, every time I mentioned his dad, he bit his lip, then would stay quiet. Something about mentioning his dad triggered something in Harry, I didn't know if it was good or bad. But he hardly liked talking about him. His dad made him to be the monster he used to be, before I changed him, I guess.

"Don't let this get to you.. I know how you can be when I talk about your dad."

"Can we just..." He doesn't finish his sentence. Instead, he reaches for his belt and starts unbuckling it. "I miss touching you."

"Now isn't the time, Harry, please," I say to him, grabbing his hand and stopping him from unbuttoning his jeans. He sighs, then lies on the bed, leaving his belt unbuckled. I lie back, turning my head to look at him.

"You know we have to."

"They don't deserve our attention. Neither does my dad. He owes me attention."