Blake - Epilouge

Darkness. Suffocating darkness. Like a wall around my mind. Never fading, always there, like stalking shadows. The dark essecences of things I'd forced myself to forget. Not memories, for there was nothing to remember, any part of me that cared whether lived or died was long gone. It felt as though I was only attached to my lifeless body by a thin string, and it could snap any second.

Pain, that I could remember. It was still there at the back of my mind, a dull thudding in my blood. I knew alot about pain. About hurting. And burning fire, fire that danced through my thoughts as though it was taunting me, as if it knew I would never awake.

And then water, cool, fresh water flooding my body, saving me from the flames that were coursing through my veins. And washing away the things that burned at the back of my mind. I could remember. A name, and I knew I would hold on to that name through the rest of eternity, through life or death. The name sent shivers down my spine, and darkness seemed to hang over it, like a storm cloud, as if it was the name of the devil himself. But despite the fear his name gave me, I felt sure it was of great importance to me and I longed for the boy who was attached to this name.

I dared not speak his name for fear that he would come back, or maybe for fear that he wouldn't return, and I'd spend the rest of my days searching the world for the boy I knew I must never find, because if I found him there would be nothing waiting for me but Death himself. But I had to find him, something deep within me pulled me forward.

Blake.