Chapter 13: My Clumsy Tongue Will Make it Right

Comincia dall'inizio

He turned around and walked back up the stairs. Leaving me there, cradling my wrist and crying. I hated crying, but this hurt to much not to cry. I don't even know what I did to deserve this.

Next thing I knew the doorbell was ringing over and over and I wanted to answer it but I just couldn't. I might as well be dead, I'm better off that way.

"JJ! JJ open the door!" I heard Lilly on the other side. I forced myself to stand up and crashed against the door. I couldn't use my dominant right hand, my wrist was broken. So, while holding my wrist I used my left hand to twist the lock and open the door and fall right into Lilly.

"Oh my god Juliette! We have to get you to the hospital! What happened!" She said dragging me out and towards her car. She opened the passengers side for me and helped me get in. She ran around the other side of the car and got in.

"What do you think?" I muttered and relaxed back in the seat while holding my arm to my chest. I didn't mean to be such a bitch, but I was sitting here with a broken wrist, beaten and discombobulated, who wouldn't be cranky and snappy? All she did was tightened her lips into a firm line and stay silent.

She started the car and looked in the backseat and found a shirt in the back of her car. She took the long sleeves of the blue shirt and tied them around my neck.

"Ow! Fuck! Stop!" I screamed when she touched my wrist. She flinched back, but didn't listen and rested my arm in the little homemade sling.

"I'm sorry J." She said sadly. I felt something move in my back pocket and jumped. I forgot I had my phone. I really didn't want to talk to anyone. I pulled out my phone regardless and handed it to Lilly without looking at it.

"Juliette's phone!" She greeted. She sure knew how to pretend a situation wasn't as bad as it was. It was 1000 times worse. "Yeah, sure! I'll put her on!" She chirped and handed the phone to me. I looked at her and then the phone. She looked away from the road and mouthed mom to me. I rolled my eyes and held the phone to me ear.

"Mom!" I said happily. I heard a sniffle on the other end of the phone and my face dropped. "Juliette..." She whispered through the phone. She broke out into tears and I connected all the pieces.

The crying, the sudden call right before I was supposed to get on my plane, everything. "No.." I whispered. "No." I said firmly. I squeezed my eyes shut as tears slid down my cheeks. I refused to believe it.

"This morning sweetheart." She said and I heard her blow her nose through the phone. No! They said he was supposed to be okay! He's okay! This isn't real.

"Don't tell me." I muttered and let out a sigh. More tears made their way down my cheeks.

"Juliette.." She trailed off again.

"No!" I yelled and slapped my leg with my good hand.

"Your father passed away this morning. I'm so sorry." Please don't let this be real.

Here I found myself three weeks later sitting in my room. Sulking, unresponsive, staring out my window. I haven't spoken to Alex in three weeks. I felt like shit for it too, the last three weeks I had with my best friend, but I was being a whiny bitch. I shouldn't have said that, I should've just accepted what he said, it was well appreciated; I just didn't feel like I deserved it, but Alex sure thought so.

Now it was his last day; he was probably packing or something. I wanted to say goodbye to him, but how was I supposed to say goodbye to him. Three weeks no word and then I'm bidding him farewell. I couldn't do it. Especially something like that, that's cruel. At least, in my eyes it is.