When I See You Again || Saitama fluff

It was another, cold day, and winter was currently dominating Z-City. Genos was doing his everyday chore, helping his sensei at his best with the household. No matter how many times Saitama declined the cyborg's offer, he still insisted. Thus, he was busy.

'I wonder what Sensei is doing right now...'

He took this chance to take a glance at the living room, only to find the baldy nowhere to be seen.

'Hmm?'

His thoughts were then answered when he was greeted with a coated Saitama, his usual superhero get up replaced by a coat, beanie, and a scarf. Was he going somewhere?

Genos thought that it was not possible. He has already taken care of the grocery shopping, and from what he has observed, his Sensei never had a friend to mingle with. Usually, they came over his house. Was he heading to King's place, maybe? He scratched out that possibility, as King was currently gone.

Then, where was he going?

He was about to pester the baldy for answers, but he was cut off the chance to do so by Saitama's lazy voice, a slight excitement seeping out of his tone.

"Genos! I'm going out. Don't make dinner for me, 'kay?" He said, heading for the door before stopping in the middle of the room by the cyborg's flabbergasted voice.

"Eh? Where are you going, Sensei? As I recall, you don't really go for dates... Have you possibly gotten one?! If so, I recommend this restaura-"

"Uh, no, Genos, not a date." He said, scratching his cheek as a drop of sweat rolled down his cheeks. "Just catching up with a childhood friend." He interrupted the blonde, rummaging his whole house for his wallet.

"A friend? You have one, Sensei?" He stopped in the middle of washing the dishes, turning to his teacher as the man grins a nostalgic smile, ignoring the unintended insult of the cyborg.

"Yeah. A good one." He answered back with his normal tone, yet gentleness was mixed in with the usual voice he used to deliver the statement. As the hero walked towards the door, Genos grinned a contented smile as he resumed his washing, shutting his eyes as he says,

"Please be careful then, Sensei. Have fun."

The baldy then walked out of the apartment complex after shooting his loyal student a smile, putting both of his hands in his coat pockets as he gazes at the white speck of snow falling all around him. The dark sky was filled with a few number of stars, the entrancing view from above only reminding him of your favorite color.

He couldn't wait to see you.

He arrived at the meeting place, waiting patiently as he distracts himself with the white fog his breath created. It has been years since he last saw you again. And it was in his school days, too. Middle school wasn't all that great for him, but when you came in his life like a light in the dark, you gave him a wonderful memory to cherish through the years. The two of you almost did everything together, and became the bestest of friends. It even got to the point where he admitted to himself, he did have a little crush on you.

Nevertheless, you were just that important to him. You were the best friend he has ever had, and you gave him happiness. You were the one who made him long for his emotions, to feel them once more. After all, you were also the one who made him experience the wonder of the different kinds of emotions a man can feel. He longed for the early days you told him of their extravagance.