A tear fell down my cheek nearly landing on the flames of the stove. I sniffed loudly and continued cooking without a word. Bryan was quiet too aside from interacting with the kids.

With our plates finally in front of us and my composure gained, I decided it was time to tell him. "I'm moving in with Risa in January when the lease is up."

"Oh..." he said suddenly.

"I mean, you were saying that Keke wanted you to be living with her by the time the baby gets here anyway...so..."

"Yeah...you right... it is what she wants, but it wasn't exactly what I was plannin' on doin." He cleared his throat and muttered. "Would make it hard to keep seein' Cynthia on the low..."

I rolled my eyes. "You're a mess! On the simple fact that Michael is your best friend, I should have left him alone..."

He chuckled. "I told you. But it's whateva sis... If you wanna do yo thang with Risa. That's up to you."

"She owns the house that she lives in so...rent won't be a factor... it'll just be cheaper and easier for me. It's nothing personal. I'll still watch the kids whenever. Risa will adore them, I'm sure." I said quickly trying to lessen the impact of my sudden decision.

"That's wasup." He said simply and we went on to enjoy our dinner.

Michael

"Yo this is dope!!" Felix yelled, bringing his fist to his mouth. Felix and Trey were two producer that I'd been in the studio with since eight this morning. I glanced down at my phone and realized it was nearing ten o'clock. Wrap up time. Man the time flew by when I was doin' somethin' I really loved. For a while I forgot how fuckin' miserable I was.

I forced a smile as we finished listening to the track again with my take on it. I turned it from the corny Halloween song that it once was to something even greater. Something that people would wanna listen to no matter what the holiday was.

"Still needs some tweakin'." I said. We had all week to perfect the track though.

"What?! Dude... You's a true perfectionist, ain't you." Trey added. Them niggas were both yawnin' ready to get the fuck up outta here, but I could keep goin' all night. I didn't want to go back to the apartment and face Chivonn... I knew I had it comin' and I ain't had enough anger management to be able to handle her breakin' up wit me right now. This whole new career and less time for her shit was already makin' her sad and then now this?! I know she's done. She said right out her mouth that if I got involved in the gang war we was done. And I ain't tryn'a face that right now.

There ain't shit I can do about how my life is right now. There is no standin' up to Joseph. There is no stoppin' him and his loyal goons two of them bein' my own brothas. Jermaine and Tito stood by him like two loyal pit bulls. The others and I hated the man secretly. If we thought we could get away with it, we'd take him out. As kids we used to play this game where we'd beat the shit out of this fake person made of pillows, leave it for dead and say it was Joseph. Not only has he beat the shit out of each and every one of us, he's even laid hands on my sisters. I don't know shit about him. He don't talk much so I don't know what caused him to be this way... but there ain't no soul left in that man. He is the devil and I just can't escape. I'm just finna keep fuckin' up, keep pissin' her off...

I ain't gonna be able to make her happy in the way she deserves to be. She don't deserve this... I ran a hand down my face. I shoulda let her have her lawyer boy.

"Yo, I gotta get goin." Trey said standing up from behind the sound board and stretching. Felix yawned again and I thought I heard his stomach growlin'. We barely took breaks to eat. Come to think of it, I ain't ate all day...