My Six Word Excerpt From My Life.

"You Know I Always Loved You"

⠀⠀⠀⠀The same situation always seemed to occur between the raven and the blonde. They always went at it back and forth with snarky comments and threats because Naruto always felt that Sasuke thought he was better than everyone. Which was true, but only to a degree. The two most used terms between the two of them were "Loser" and "Teme", I'm sure you know who said what. It was nothing out of the ordinary to hear the two of them throwing insults and threats at each other, in fact no one ever said anything when the two of them were going back and forth. It was when the two of them weren't going at it when they were around each other that people became worried. No matter where they were, the two "rivals" were always throwing insults at each and trying to one-up the other even in the simplest of tasks. For instance, they would see who could eat the most...but in the end they would just wind up throwing it up in their attempts at trying to eat more than the other. Or even while they were training they would both try and show off, if one of them did something good the other would try to do it better which would result in a silent war between the two.

⠀⠀⠀⠀

Everyone just assumed that the two of them constantly argued because they didn't like each other. And of course just by looking at them, most people would just assume that they just don't like each other. But no one knew that behind those names that they called each other and each insult or threat that they threw at the other was their own way of telling each other that they loved one another. On the very rare occasions, they would throw insults at each other just to get the other's attention. Their relationship was definitely one consisting of tough love, at least in public, with their own language that no one would suspect. Like how dinosaurs 'rawr' means 'I love you' but the two never said those three words to each other. Of course, it was the Uchiha's idea for their secret love language but never would he ever willingly admit that to anyone. Not for anything.

⠀⠀⠀⠀

When they were alone together, things were completely and utterly different. There was affection or someone was completely and utterly clingy towards the other. It was usually Naruto that was always clinging to Sasuke, whether he was in the middle of working on something or even if he was just reading. Not that either of them minded, the raven wouldn't admit it but he loved it when the blonde was clingy. No matter what the raven was doing, he usually stopped or took a break to give his attention to blonde ball of sunshine that was indirectly asking, or demanding, the male's undivided attention. Sasuke on the other hand, was more affectionate when they were alone. The one person that got to see him actually show emotions was the blonde. Everything was going so great for the two of them, so how did they end up in this situation?

⠀⠀⠀⠀

The chaos or downfall of the once bright and radiating blonde all started when the Uchiha left the village. He left the village for his own, what some would consider selfish, needs. For his need as an avenger, he left to pursue his purpose. The sad thing is, he didn't tell Naruto that he was leaving or even considering leaving. The next morning the blonde woke up and found that he couldn't find the raven anywhere. He had asked a few people but they all gave him a confused look, as to say 'Why are you willingly looking for him?' before they all shook their heads and said that they hadn't seen him. To which we had responded with a grateful nod and ran off to try and hopefully find the missing Uchiha. It was all downhill from there for the blonde. He wasn't as bright and sunny as he usually was, and his eyes lacked their bright and shimmering oceanic color like they usually had after about a week of not being able to find the Uchiha. He had lost most of his radiance, he didn't smile as much as he used to and when he did it never held the same brightness or it was a fake one so that no one worried about him. The male never really seemed to think of anything else but Sasuke, if he could help it he would try to think of other things but his efforts would be proved futile and run right back to the missing raven. Everything that he did, was for Sasuke. The one thing that kept him going everyday was finding Sasuke Uchiha. And after all this time, he seemed to be able to find the one person he was looking for. How long had it been? Naruto had lost track after three months, and each day felt like a year to year to him. When in actuality it had been almost four years that the blonde has seen him...

⠀⠀⠀⠀

When the two of them finally saw each other, neither of them knew what to do. Naruto lacked his usual bright demeanor but he didn't know whether to be happy or upset upon seeing the raven haired male. Sasuke on the other hand just seemed to have gotten colder as his usual emotionless onyx eyes now seemed colder than they were before. Standing face to face the two didn't say a word, neither knew how to react to the other's presence. They didn't know if this was a happy moment or if they should be going for each other's throats. Although maybe, just maybe, there was a voice in the back of each of their minds that caused their bodies to decide to act on their own. In two swift movements the two were at each other's throats, with Naruto gripping his collar and vice versa. But maybe they weren't trying to kill each other at the moment. Maybe they were trying to say those three words without actually saying it. Although they already knew that neither one could stay mad at the other, they at least knew that there was a feeling of resentment towards each other. One was obvious as to why he resented the raven. The other, his reason was more of why had the other come looking for him, regardless of their relationship before he left. And before their brains could process what was going on their once tight grips on the other's collar soon loosened. Saying that the air between the two seemed tense would be a complete and utter understatement. The air between the Sun and the Moon was taut and rigid that you could pretty much see it.

The blonde stood there staring at the raven, his thoughts running rampant with questions:

'Why did he suddenly leave?'

'Did I do something wrong?'

' Did he not care anymore?'

And many more questions tore his brain as he stared at his lover. His brain had only wrapped around the fact that he left and didn't tell him, which reacted to him acting impulsively. The blonde grabbed the raven's collar yet again, but didn't think most of it through as he lost his balance and sent the two of them toppling down into the field of grass that was surrounded by the trees of the woods.

"Why did you leave?" The Uzumaki asked as tears ran down his dull sun kissed cheeks as his blue eyes gaping at the raven beneath him as his forearms propped himself up on both sides of the Uchiha's head. Sasuke's expression had remained unchanged, even after their topple onto the grass, but something that Sasuke did caused Naruto's eyes to widen. The blonde found his hands tangling themselves in the raven's hair as his hand pressed itself to the nape of the other's neck.

"You Know I've Always Loved You." ❤💍💐