Chapter 18 - A Rescue Mission To The Silent Forest

Everyone wends back to their breakfast and eat in silence. You could almost hear the cogwheels inside the brains of us trying to find a solution to this problem. Suddenly I see a message pop up in front of me. It’s long time ago we last used our communication system from Charn. It’s a little microchip in your eye, which you can control with your thoughts. So you make the chip write a message and send it to another chip, and then it pops up in front of you, almost like those holograms you see in movies.

This message is from my mother, it says: 

Hi Flame, honey.

You need to help me! Do you still have your rings? Your father came unfortunately to touch his yellow ring and then jumped down in a wrong world! You need to go save him! I can’t do it because your farther has mine too! Answer me as soon as you can!

Love, mom.

Dad! Oh, why are you so stupid sometimes! The others see the change in my expression while I read the message and looks expectantly at me. “Oh, dammit. I need to go save my father in The Silent Forest!” I say. Everyone looks extremely confused at me except Clary; she’s only a little. “How do you know that?” She asks me.

“Well in Charn you get a microchip in your eye so you can send messages with your brain. It works much better than your Earth–phones.” I tell her. “What is The Silent Forest?” Thalia asks. She just as confused as the others, but she has learned that nothing that involves me is easy to understand.

“It’s like an in-between-place between all the worlds.” They all look even more puzzled now (not Clary) so I sigh. “I must start with the beginning of how we came here to Earth. My father is a magician. He and some of his friends had just finished a project about making some rings that can take you to the Other Worlds. They work like in pairs. There’s a yellow one and a green one. If you put on the green one when you are in a world, nothing happens, but when a yellow ring touches your skin, you’ll vanish out of that world and into The Silent Forest.

When you are in the forest you’ll see a lot of pounds. If you wear a green ring when out walk out in a pound, you’ll find yourself in another world. My father had, as I said before, just finished these rings and they were ready to use. So we took the yellow ones on and vanished, just as our house exploded. When we came to the Silent Forest we just jumped down in a random pool and then we landed here on Earth.

And now my father has in one or another way touched the yellow ring and came into The Silent Forest. But when he tried to get home, he jumped down in the wrong pound and now I need to save him, or else he needs so jump in every pound in The Silent Forest and no one knows how many there are and if any of them are dangerous.” I finish. All have a thinking look in their face.

Suddenly Clary asks. “Can you have others with? Do you need a ring each or can you touch the same ring?” “The rings works like magnets. You just have to connect with the one who has the ring. That means if I take my ring on and everyone touches each other including me, we’ll all vanish from this world and come into The Silent Forest.” Clary nods thoughtfully.

“No, Clary! You shall not get any great ideas of taking of into another world!” Jace says. “You can’t tell me what to do! You aren’t me brother! …Not anymore…” I look from one another. Didn’t Clary say something about her brother yesterday? “What are you talking about?” Thalia asks. “How can anyone not be your brother anymore?” Clary looks at Jace.

“Jace grew up with my father because my father killed his parents. My mom hid me so we didn’t grow up together. Jace thought that Valentine– my father– was his real father and for a couple of month we thought that we were siblings, and well… We found out who Jace’s real parents where and then we weren’t siblings anymore. Short said.” Clary finishes with a pull of her shoulder. While Clary talked about the part with Jace’s real parents, Jace had become a rather sick color in his face, but it turns slowly back to normal now.

“Wow.” Thalia answers. “Your father sounds like a psycho!” “You should just know what else he did, and how many others he murdered.” Isabelle says. Alec lays a hand on Jace’s shoulder. “Thalia and Isabelle, please hold on to the real subject!” Annabeth interrupts them. “We need to save Flame’s dad.” “Oh, no! You don’t need to come with me! I can do it by myself in two minutes, max. I don’t know how long it will take here… Maybe just three sec–” I start but get interrupted by Thalia. “You can’t just let us be here! We want to go on adventure too!” She says.

Isabelle and Clary nod anxiously in agreement. “Yes!” Caleb and Percy say. “Fine! Fine!” I say holding my hands up in the air. “Is everyone finished eating?” I ask. Everyone nods. “I’ll stay here.” Maryse says. “And be careful everyone!” She warns us, especially looking at Jace and Isabelle. “Don’t worry mom. I’ll hold an eye on them all the time.” Alec says. Maryse nods and leaves the room.

I make everyone stand in a circle on the floor. Beside me stands Clary and Caleb. Jace holds Clary’s- and Isabelle’s hands. Alec stands between Isabelle and Annabeth, who holds Percy in the other hand, and Thalia stands between Caleb and Percy. “Everyone’s ready?” I ask. Everyone nods and Clary puts her hand on my shoulder. Caleb’s hand feels warm in mine. With my free hand I find the little silk bag I always have on me.

I can see the two rings in the bottom. I stick my hand down and take on the yellow. Suddenly everything goes black. I can hear the others start whispering to each other. “Don’t worry! Just don’t release your grab in the others!” I can feel Clary hold on tighter to my shoulder while I talk. Finally the green light comes out from above. We break through the surface of the pound to Earth. “You can release the others now.” I tell them. Everyone looks around them.

The Silent Forest does really live up to its name. There are no birds singing no wind moving. There’s so silent and peaceful that you can hear the trees grow and you just want to lie down on your back and sleep. Annabeth and Percy even do this. Lying hand in hand and listening to the growing trees. But not everyone felt this way. The Shadowhunters are fully up on their toes, looking like there could be a gang of demons running out from the trees every second. Clary still has her hand on my shoulder.

“Don’t worry. No one can hurt us here.” I tell them. “Every evil will loose their powers and strength and if they are here too long, they die. No one can hurt us here.” I repeat. They don’t really seem to trust me, but they put their weapons down. Suddenly I remember why we all are here. “Dad!” I call out in the forest. “Father! Jeramy!” No response. Damn it! I just hope he hasn’t gone into another pound. I make a message with my microchip to him. I just hope he’ll get it. Soon I hear a low voice. “Flame? Flame… Flame!” Oh my god… He forgot who I am! “Dad! Come over here!” I yell.

Suddenly my father comes out of the trees with a big smile on his face. “Flame! What are you doing here? Who are your friends?” He asks me. “Longer story. I’ll tell it when we get back home to Earth. Everyone, take the same hands as you had on the way here!” The Shadowhunters and Thalia do what I say in the same second, but Annabeth, Percy and Caleb just lie on the grass.

I make Clary hold on in my father and walk over to shake Caleb. But he just smiles to me and kiss me. I nearly fell down in, but it wakes my father up. “Flame?! What the hell are you doing?! I have told you, you must not kiss with boys!” And my father’s eruption wakes up Caleb. His whole face turns red. “I… erhm…” “Later!” I tell them both. Caleb helps me get Annabeth and Percy on their legs and make them grab the others hands. Finally we all hold a hand on one another and I could put on my green ring and go into the pound.

A new update already?! Yes!! I'm in writer-mood today, so i have written a lot! Maybe there's a new chapter again tomorrow?? XD Yay!! Remember to Vote/Comment/Share!! If i get 2 votes and two comments on this i'll promise to update two chapters before Friday!!! So vote and comment!! –Clara