Chapter 3 - the surprice inside the egg

We are flying above the town. Caleb is holding my hand so tight, that the blood can barely reach my fingertips. We're almost at my home. My parents are asleep, they don't worry about me, I can handle myself. I'm so happy to fly here high in the sky with the boy I love. Think, we've only talked a pair of times and he already knows about my secret. What would my parents think of me, telling our secret? I decide not to tell them right now.

I set Caleb off on the roof with the egg and fly down to the door. I hurry up too my room to open up the window so Caleb can come inside. He looks around in the room. I make a fast spell so no one can hear us. "Hm, honestly I thought it would be more... Um... Different." He says. I smile and shake my head. "I'm still a teenager." I laugh. "Are your parents okay about me being here?" "I don't know." I say honestly.

"Shouldn't we be quiet then?" He smiles. "Hallo! Magic! Of course you can have a spell who lays around my room, so no sounds can come through." I laugh. "There are tons of teen magicians who use this all the time. It's one of the most basic spells ever! I even think you could learn it!" I giggle and hug him. "I can learn magic?!?" He asks, with eyes that look like they'll pop out of his head. I laugh. "Yes of course! Everyone can learn it, except dwarfs. They use another form for magic."

"Wow..." He's just so cute! I kiss him again. Think he's mine! "Now for the egg." I say. He just looks at me like, totally in love. I giggle. "C'mon, we got to find out what we're gonna do with the egg." I look at the egg. It's on size of my biggest pillow. "How long will it take it to crack?" He asks. "It's difficult to say. It shall select a Rider. Then it will crack."

"How does it do that? That with the Rider?" "It can feel if it likes you." He bends down to the egg. "This is so weird." I laugh. "Only for you. Think of it as an honor. You may see it crack, a thing only a few people all over The Worlds can say they have. Dragons lives so long that they only lays one egg every hundred year!" "Wow..." "And a dragon baby can lay in the egg for about 5 hundred years before it dies."

"That's sad. Laying in an egg for 5 hundred years without seeing any other things than eggshell. A horrible life if you ask me." I smile at him. "You know what," I say, "I'm really proud of you. Just after a day you are totally calm about it. Like you have always knew deep inside." I hug him again. "Maybe that's exactly right. I always knew that I wouldn't have another girl but you. I've always felt like you was unreachable, like better than any other girl. You where different and smart, always knew the answer."

I look up at him, wondering. "And this is why I trusted you." I kiss him long and fervently. When he pulls back to whisper in my ear. "Flame, I have something to tell you. I might be in love with you. I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you though." "That's sensible of you. We should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something." I answer. "Maybe I'm already sure, and I just don't wont to frighten you." "When you should know better." "Fine. Then I love you." He says kissing me again."

Crack. Crack. We both look over to the egg. "It's cracking!" I'm just... Wow. "Flame!" Caleb's voice wakes me up. "Flame, what do we do?!" He's panicking. "Calm down!" "What?" He stops. "Relax. Sit down on the floor. Now!" He sits down. I do the same. "We must see who the dragon chooses." He looks confused. "You mean like... It can choose me?!"

"Yes. Why shouldn't it could do that?" "Because I'm human." I giggle. "Oh silly, if it chooses you, you won't be a human. Then you'll be a Rider. A Dragon Rider." I smile at him and smiles back, a little nervous. "OK, when the dragon comes out just begin to talk to it. It can't feel your energy that well because of your none-magic.

Then we just sit here on the floor looking at the egg. It's beginning to rock back and forth. I smile to Caleb. He's so cute, when he's nervous. Suddenly there came a crack in the shell. We hold our breath. Another crack. Now we can see a little orange tale. Aww. It looks like it's glowing in the light, which floats from a lamp on the wall. Crack. Crack. Finally cracked the shell so the dragon was free. It looks around in the room. Then it saw us.

"Now, Caleb." I say. "Oh. My. Goddess. This is amassing! I can't believe it! It's a real life dragon! A dragon! Flame, it's a dragon!" I giggle. "I can see that. Just keep talking." "About what?" "Anything." "OK. Uhm, hi dragon. My name is Caleb. This is Flame..." He keeps talking. I look at the dragon. It looks at me, then at Caleb, then back at me. It kept its eyes in mine then jumping down from my bed. Caleb stop talking. It looks over at Caleb again. I can see on it, it's having problems of which one of us, that got its attention in the shell. We all just stare at each other.

Finally it seems like it decided who it wants to be its Rider. It looks over at me and begins to walk. Walk over to Caleb. Caleb reaches out to touch its nose. A lightning came through the room and lights it up in a few seconds. Caleb faint. And I just smile. I go over to help him. On his hand there is a spiral where the dragon touched him. I look at the dragon, reaching out to touch it. Another lightning lights the room up. This wasn't right. It should only happen once! A dragon can only select one Rider! I faint beside Caleb. The last thing I think is, that it's luckily Friday.

I wake up in Caleb's arm. My hand hurts. I sit up and stare at the spiral on my hand. It all came back to me. The dragon! It selected us both! I look around in the room. The dragon lies in my bed. Caleb is still sleeping on the floor. I sneak out to the kitchen to get some food for the three of us. I sneak back to my room again with some cereals, milk, three bowls, two spoons, and a frozen chicken. When I come back, Caleb is awake. He's looking at his hand. I smile to him. "Good morning, sleepyhead." I say, giving him a bowl. "Good morning, sweety." He answers.

"What's for breakfast?" I give him the cereals and the milk. He smiles and begins to eat. The dragon is waking up now. I take the other bowl and place the chicken in it. "Here you go." I say to it and set the bowl on the floor. Then I sit down beside Caleb and eat my breakfast. "What happened after I passed out?" He asks. "Uhm, the dragon chose me too..." I say. "Is that even possible? I thought a dragon only could select one Rider?" "I thought so too..." I answer.