Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Alana! What a pleasure." He said with the same enthusiasm. My stomach clenched as I saw her hurrying towards him and throwing her arms around his neck and then kiss him. I felt sick at the sight. Why should it bother me to see a man I just got to know kissing another woman? It shouldn't, but it was happening, and I was consumed with jealousy.

"When have you returned?" He asked her.

"Yesterday. I thought about paying you a visit today, but I didn't have time. I never thought I would meet you here."

"Well, yeah, I just had dinner."

"Oh, I'm staying here at the hotel for now. At least until the works are finished." She explained.

"If you have any trouble finding a place to stay, all you have to do is to tell me." He said with a smile.

"Oh Darling, I know that and I appreciate your help but for now I'm fine here. What about coming up in my room? I have so many things to tell you." She said, touching his face. Her long fingers moved sensually on his neck. He didn't move back. He was enjoying how woman hung to him, pressing her amazing body against his. I had had enough. I wanted to go away. I couldn't stand that sight any longer. I tried to get up and even if with difficulty, I managed. Just then, Gianluca remembered I was there.

"I can't. Another time maybe. I have to take her home." He said, looking at me.

"Her?" She turned around and looked at me. From the icy stare she gave me, I could say that she already hated me.

"She's Justine Evans, my new interior designer."

"Oh! An interior designer. I thought..- "She laughed. "Never mind what I thought. How do you do?" She said as she extended her hand.

I felt much better before you arrived; I wanted to tell her, however; I didn't. Instead, I forced a smile on my face and shook her hand.

"We were just leaving," Gianluca informed her. "It's been nice seeing you."

"Same here, darling. I'll call you tomorrow. Perhaps we meet in the evening."

"Sure. Goodnight, Alana." She smiled at him and then waved goodbye at me and left. Gianluca gazed at me. "Were you going somewhere?" He questioned when she was out of sight.

"To the car. I feel better now and can walk on my own," I said, feeling irrationally irritated. I couldn't wait to return home, away from this man, away from the things he made me feel and cuddle in the safety of my bed.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. You're still struggling to keep steady and I won't take chances of you getting injured. Not with your reputation, anyway. You would easily trip in anything when you're sober, imagine what you could do now." He taunted as he pulled me towards him and held me against him like he was doing before. I opened my mouth to protest, but as I met his gaze, I closed my mouth again. "I thought you would have complained. How come you're so quiet suddenly?"

"I'm just tired," I replied quietly. "Wouldn't your girlfriend be jealous of seeing you holding me the way you're doing?" I asked. For a moment, he seemed surprised by that remark, but then he smirked.

"I'm only helping a girl in difficulty." He replied and then started to walk again. So she was really his girlfriend. He hadn't denied it. Why this news was hurting so much? It was all the damned wine's fault if I was feeling so emotional and upset. It must be the effect of the alcohol that clouded my mind and my good sense. When we arrived at the parking, he let go of me and I felt bereft. A cold chill ran down my spine, and I longed for the warmth of his body again. He opened the door for me and helped me to climb inside. A moment later, he was behind the wheel. He looked at me curiously before he fired the engine and drove. Was it visible? The sadness I felt inside. Could he see it? I wondered, and if he could, what did he think? Probably that I was mad. No one in his senses would have these feelings after only a few hours of knowing a person. But I wasn't normal, at least not in his presence. I tried to think if this had happened to me before. I tried to think about the guys I had liked in the past, but I couldn't remember ever feeling like this. In one day he had made me angry to an extent that sometimes I hated him. He had deliberately been mean, making fun of me and my clumsiness and hurt me with his insolence. He's been possessive, ordering me around as if I were a puppet in his hands. But there were moments during which he had warmed my heart with his smile, with his gentleness and with every little gesture he did, from wiping my tears when I cried to caring for a superficial cut. And what could I say about the moments I spent hugged to his body? I had never been so close to a man before, not to a real man, at least. Gianluca had nothing to do with guys that I used to go out with during high school. He was all male in every aspect, ruggedly built, tall, and robust. He was strong. I hadn't seen his body as his suit hid well all his assets but I had felt his body against mine and I could perfectly imagine what he must look like without that suit on. The muscles of his arm had tensed when he wrapped it around my waist and held me tight. And his strong legs felt as hard as steel when they brushed against mine. I couldn't deny that I was dying to find out if the reality was as striking as the picture I had created in my mind.