The Shocking Truth

" It matters not what someone is born, but who they will grow to be."

-J.K. Rowling

                                                                                 _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I dried my hair and got dressed into a blue and grey shirt and some ripped up shorts. I yawned and stretched my arms into the air. Wow. What an exhausting day.

First having to move here, then waiting. After that, roaming the streets and signing things at a coffee shop where I ran into a man who spilled coffee on me. Now, just getting out of the shower. I walked down into the living room and laid down on one of the couches.

After  lying down for what seemed like a few minutes, something in my pocket vibrated. My phone. I reached down, took it out of my pocket and held it in my hand. It was a Samsung Galaxy 6s edge. The newest version. Its case was the TARDIS from Doctor Who. All blue,  with the Police Box words at the top in bold letters.

I turned on my phone to the lock screen and it said that I had 2 new messages and 1 missed call. I unlocked my phone and the messages popped up. The first one was from my mom.

Mom- Hi honey, hope you got to New York all right! Send me a pic of the Big Apple soon pls. Love u!Mom! :)

I chuckled slightly. She was one of those souvenir people. All ways bringing things home from places she visits and taking LOTS of pictures. I sent back a reply and took a picture of my living room from where I sat.

Me- Hey Mom! Its been an ok trip getting here but I couldn't be more excited about this new life here. Other then the taxi fees and people who spill coffee on u, its neat. Also... it smells like high heaven here. THATS unbearable. Hope u like this picture of my living room! <3 ur daughter

I inserted the photo of my living room and sent  it to my mother. Now for the other message.

I tapped on the message icon and saw that it was from my life long friend, Ginna. I called her pig after taking the attendance one day for my 4th grade teacher. The reason was because I glanced at her name and thought it said guinea, like guinea pig. So I said that instead of Ginna. I thought it sounded strange to my ears at first. No one I've ever known had a name like that. No one had said here, so I checked off the 'absent' box. A few people had laughed in the room and I had looked up to see what the problem was.

" What?" I had said.

One person had spoken up." Now we know who has the worst eye sight in the school. Definitely not me anymore." It had been Charley Craven. The 'bildest of blind' in the school.

I took a double take on the last name I just read. Ginna.I could've sworn that it had said Guinea.

But hey, ever since that, I've called her pig. We have been the closest friends with each other ever since that day.

Pig- Hey man. Text me when you get settled into ur apmnt/ house/home. WHAT EVER!!! don't judge.

I sent back a reply.

Me- hey piglet, you going out with kermet anytime soon? And u r being judged. ;)

I don't know whats wrong with me. I joke too much. I now was looking at the call. I didn't know whos number it was so I just shook it off.