Chapter Two

I wake up in an unfamiliar room of bright lights and very white everything. There was an unfamiliar feeling in my throat. I try opening my mouth and gag. Hey, there's a tube to help you breath. My subconscious speaks to me as I close my mouth and loll my head to one side and then the other. Everything about me felt wrong. I was stiff from not moving for a while.

I finally come to a point of realization; I'm in a hospital. The smell of disinfectant and death finally find their way up into my nostrils, choking me with the smell and twisting my stomach in knots over and over again.

My mouth burns with the taste of bile coming up as I vomit up medicine I've been shoved down my throat while I was away. The smell is worse now, and the sheets are ruined from the discoloured bile and phlegm. Salty rivers of water cascade down my face onto my hands, which are grasping at nothing. I try to hold on, but insanity is what becomes of this room. I scream words of hatred, mostly to myself, and my body is shaking with the violent sobs that tear through my organs and rattle my brain.

My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom. I have nothing to hang onto as I finally see clearly. I see a woman, maybe a mother, and a teenager, and nothing comes up in my brain as I try to think of who they were.

The pain is excruciating. Violent thoughts rip through my brain, pulling on every nerve, making me numb. A nurse is in here, yanking on the tube, pulling it out of my throat. My sheets are new and yet are still bland in any colour.

"I want to be dead!" I scream at the three people in the room. I quickly sit up, realizing one of my legs have a cast. I continue screaming, words flying out of my mouth, thoughts about myself. Those seem to be the only ones I remember. "I want out of here!" I cry, the salt burning a cut on my cheek, the morphine wearing off. I shake my head vigorously, my fists beating down on the bed.

"Jordyn! Jordyn! Calm down!" Someone yells, quickly cradling my head in their hands. Every string inside me snaps as I look into the face of the person trying to help. He was stunningly handsome, his skin tan like an olive, eyes brown like milk chocolate with a mix of vanilla, hair brunette that was up in a silky quiff. His hands are soft as they embrace me in a hug.

"Please, I want this to be over..." I sob quietly. 

The mystery teen whispers in my ear, making me sigh and put my head on his shoulder, wishing even more that I wasn't alive at this point,

"It's not over, and it never will be."