At Night

I laid in my backyard under billions of shining stars. The moonlight was like a spotlight on me with the tree leaves falling, sounding like applause. I had just moved here from Michigan and was not used to the warm fall night. I was "Just Right" to the people at school (due to me being middle class). I wasn't poor, but I wasn't rich either. I heard a familiar voice that I had only heard a couple times from school. That voice was Ponyboy Curtis's. He sat in my algebra class and didn't really talk much. He was the smartest person in our school next to me. Even though was good at it... I hated school, I hated the teachers, the work and most of all the rich, snooty kids that go there to. The only reason I like school was because some of my friends went. I was homeschooled for most of my life and this was my second year. From middle school to high school. Anyways, I went out front to see why was going on. Ponyboy was with 3 other boys who I didn't recognize. One with jet black hair and tan skin the other was pale and had dark brown hair, the last had rust colored hair and *says sarcastically* looked pretty sober to me. I decided to say hi. Oh yeah, he the only other reason I like school. I stepped out into my front yard an waved. Pony came over a greater me. For a greaser he sure was a gentleman I thought to myself. "Hey y/n, funny seein' you here" he said happily. His eyes sparkled like wet marbles in the dim moonlight. After a long silence I spoke up. "What were you guys doing this late" my voice was shaky. "Uhh, we were just headin to go see Casablanca. Did you want to go cuzifyoudoI-Imeanwecantakeyou. He was talking really fast. It sounded like he was nervous or something. My friend best-friends/n said he like me but I mean who could. I have (hair color) hair and (eye color) eyes. I wasn't the exact definition of attractive to boy either but all of my friends told me I was beautiful and I had all the boys in the palm of my hand. "Yeah. I'd love to go with you" I said a little to giddy. I went into my house and put on a nicer skirt and my white tennis shoes, then I went out the door. We talked all the way to the drive in and the other boys were saying things to Ponyboy and me that made me blush a deep Crimson. That was the first "date" we ever had, At Night.