Chapter 13: The Past

OKAY. IM SORRY. I WASN'T ABLE TO UPDATE ;-; SO HERES A LONGER CHAPPIE FOR YOU GUYS. ALSO, MOST OF THIS CHAPTER WILL BE FLASHBACKS!

(Lucy POV)

  I straightened immediately. Don't think about them Lucaria.

-Flashback Start-

  "Come on Mavis!" My ten-year-old self called out to my younger sister. We were going to the carnival for my birthday, and I couldn't wait!

  "You're so fast Lucaria! Wait up so that your mommy can get dressed!" My mother joked.

  "But I wanna go to the carnival!" I whined.

  "Okay okay princess! Daddy's gonna take you to the carnival!" My dad hoisted me up onto his shoulders and jogged out of our house.

  I giggled, my braid dancing in the wind. We were all running across the streets, until somebody came up to us. He was dressed in a pitch black cloak, which was so dark I thought he was made up of shadows. What he did next determined my fate.

  The mystery person lifted his hand, and killed my parents. My ten-year-old self couldn't comprehend that they were dead yet at the time, and I immediately raised my hand.

  "YOU HARMED MY MOMMY AND DADDY. YOU WILL PAY." I shouted, and all of a sudden, wind surrounded Mavis and I, blowing sharply. The person in the cloak tried to protect himself, but his cloak fell off. The person was somebody I hadn't wanted to see. Chaos. A fitting name for somebody who brought misery and chaos everywhere. However, he was also my parents' friend, and it pained me to see him. But, I did what I had to. I cast a spell that trapped him for eternity. This spell had one loophole, though. If the person that cast the spell willingly gave him clearance, the spell would disappear.

  Once I cast the spell, I collapsed. The truth had finally hit me. My mother and father were dead. I was only 10; what should I do? I didn't want to be put in a foster home or be adopted. That would mean I had a chance of getting separated from my sister. A hand came into my view. I looked up to see somebody that was the spitting image of Chaos. However, he had this glow around him, as if he was the happiest person in the world. Which he probably was. I thought bitterly. His hands grasped me and my sister's and pulled us up.

  "I'm Zeref! What're your names?" He asked cheerfully.

  We replied sullenly. He frowned, and spoke again. "Why don't you guys come live with me? I saw what happened; my daddy is chaos! Thank you for getting rid of him though. He was mean." His face lost the smile at the end of his sentence.

  "I guess." I muttered. This would be the best choice for Mavis. I would wait until I could decide whether this Zeref guy was trustworthy or not, and depending on whether he was or not, I would leave Mavis with him. Then, I would leave and find a job far away from them, so that Mavis wouldn't have to deal with an incompetent older sister like me.

  Another smile lit up his face. "Great! Let's go!" He pulled is along to his house, which was what you would expect from a upper-middle-class family, like ours. It had a lawn, a pool, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a living room. I sat down nervously in my white dress, not wanting to ruin the perfectness of the home.

  Zeref took us on a tour of the house, and Mavis and I went back to our house to grab our stuff before the magic council found out what happened to us. We were the current most powerful wizards right now, and certain dark guilds wanted our power. So did the council. Before, our parents had been able to keep both away. Now that we were orphans, we were threats to the whole wizarding community.

  Mavis and I unpacked our belongings before each taking a turn in the shower connected to our room.

  I finished quickly, and decided to go make some dinner for the three of us. In the kitchen, I started to prepare some ramen.

  I could only hear the sounds of my cooking, until a rumble interrupted me. I turned around, only to see Zeref with a sheepish look on his face.

  "Sorry. I just smelled something good and arrived here when I followed the scent." He chuckled nervously. I shook my head at him, but also smiled.

  "Go set up the dining room. I'll be done in about 5 minutes." He nodded and walked out of the kitchen. I set out three bowls and distributed some noodles and broth evenly between them. Then, I placed them on a silver platter before carrying it out to the dining room.

  We ate our dinner while chatting about what we would do. I was going to find a few jobs to take, like Zeref. Mavis, however, would continue to hone her skills at the Magic Academy.

  Mavis and I entered our room.

  "Zeref's really nice, don't you think so, Lu-nee?" Mavis asked.

  "Yeah." I replied. I brushed my teeth before picking a book from my bag. I opened it to a folded page and started reading it to Mavis.

  A few chapters later, Mavis fell asleep, and I was exhausted. The events of the day just wore me out. I passed out as soon as my head touched the pillows.

-Flashback End-

  I took deep, ragged breath in an attempt to calm myself down. Eventually, I succeeded and fell into a deep sleep.

  Good night.

  HOLY CRUD THAT WAS TIRING. ABOUT 870-900 WORDS MAN ;-; IN SORRY THOUGH FOR NOT UPDATING. IN THE COMMENTS OF THIS CHAPTER TELL ME IF YOU GUYS WANT LONGER CHAPTERS THAT TAKE A WEEK TO UPDATE OR SHORT CHAPTERS THAT I CAN UPDATE TWICE A WEEK!

JA NE,
LUCY