chapter twelve: [need that necklace]

Start from the beginning

  "Don't worry. You're not useless." I heard Stiles whisper. I smiled, but he couldn't see.

If Stiles hadn't had snapped me from my focus, I wouldn't have noticed there was no more struggling. No more noise.

"Do you hear anything?" I asked, looking up at Stiles and to the door. He looked at me, confused.

  "No." He shrugged. I raised my eyebrows at him, until he got the hint. His eyes widened and we both stumbled off the floor, bursting through Scott's door. Into his room. Where he wasn't. There was blood around the radiator, a pair of handcuffs also in the same bloody state.

"Ah, damn." Stiles mumbled, running his hand over his buzz cut.

˛

The car reeved at little more, making me jolt a little in the back seat.

  "Faster?" Scott asked, nervously gripping the wheel of Derek's car.

Stiles glanced behind him, nodding almost instantly. "Much faster."

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles scoffed, making Scott look at him with wide eyes.

  "If I go faster, I'll kill us."

"And what do you think'll happen if you don't go faster?" I snapped. Scott began to speed up, just until the police radio called out.

  "All units, suspect is on foot heading towards the Iron Works."

Scott immediately made his way towards there, speeding around as we waited for Derek. Honestly, not something I wanted to be doing right now.

I spotted Derek sprinting his way to the car, just as Scott opened the passenger door.

"Get in."

Derek quickly slid in, just as Scott began driving off again. The look on Derek's face did not give me a good feeling.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott gave him a crazy look.

  "Damn it, I had him!" Derek growled, slamming the dashboard.

"The Alpha?" Stiles questioned, poking his head in between the front seats.

  "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freakin' police showed up." Derek scoffed, obviously directing it towards the sheriff's son.

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs." Stiles defended.

   "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek scoffed back, referencing the whole Laura thing and the thing at the school.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake, I get it. Alright? How'd you find him?" Scott sighed, looking at Derek. When Derek didn't respond, he groaned.

  "Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?"

"Yeah, all of us." Stiles nodded. I agreed, giving a small nod. Which was quickly rejected when Derek glared at me.

  "Or just him." Stiles shrugged, making both of us sit back in our seats. "We'll be back here."

Derek sighed, looking to Scott. "Look- the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris-"