Untitled Part 2

Agustin Hernandez

Mr.Taylor

English Language Arts

8

Draft 1

October 8, 2016

Rent Control Matters

Can you believe that rent is increasing in Redwood City? Right now in Redwood city people are being evicted and kicked out because the rent is increasing. This is very controversial. First, rent control is good because kids could stay in school. Second, the families could stay together. Third, rent stays low so people won't complain about rent issues .Although some people say rent control is good, I believe that rent control and just cause for eviction would not improve quality of life for Redwood City Residents.

First, kids can stay in school. According to hume, Silvia Castros had options for her 10 year old daughter to stay in school with her closes friends ,but in the end she had to move to San Diego, 'Humes' personally this shows that we have a problem. The problem is that people and their families are getting kicked out because of an influx and then they have nowhere to go because the rent is getting more stricter. As you can see this is one reasons we need rent control.

Second we want people to have more control of their lives and not be controlled by their manager of their apartment ,so they can have a good life. For example Castro said, "In a year things changed in Redwood City and for us everything went through the roof."This shows that they got kicked because the rent was to high. This quote explains that the Castros had to leave from their homes

Although landlords lose money, I think that families staying together because it's important. According to Donato Nathan, "Everyone in the building is like family." This quote illustrates that everyone stays together all the way and everywhere they go. This concerns that when new people come into the building they're gonna get upset because of the price that the manager is going to give them to pay. So that's why it's good to have a rent control so it can help us control the rent. Even though landlords lose some money I think that families that stay together is more important.

While Redwood City increases the rent, families are being kicked out and being evicted. I believe that rent control and just cause for eviction would not improve quality of life for Redwood City Residents, first kids won't have to move schools and it won't interrupt their learning second parents won't have to find a different job around the new area that they just moved in third the rent would stay the same and it won't make it difficult for parents to get the money.These are the reasons why we have a rent control to keep the rent the same and not change it and so it can help families with the rent and so y could stay together.