twelve

***Trigger warning****

Prom night 2.   11:11p.m

"Did i tell you how pretty you look?" Tristan asked for like the ten hundredth time.

Rolling my eyes jokingly i smiled at him.

"Only about a thousand times."

"Well it's true" he smiled and wrapped his hand around mine.

"Would you like some punch?" He asked.

"Sure"

After mumbling a be right back him and Lucas left to get some drinks.

"You know i think Tristan really likes you"Kaley said once the two were out of ears reach.

I shrugged
"I don't know I'm pretty sure we are just friends."
This made her laugh.

"Yes Shelby because friends act like boyfriend and girlfriend, they hold hands and they kiss each other" she said sarcastically.

"They could" i smiled.

They could right?

When the boys came back we stopped talking. Honestly this was something i didn't really like talking about. My last boyfriend ended up being a complete dick
So i don't really know if i want one now. Tristan seems like a good choice now but so did Kyle and then he did the worst thing ever to me. He ruined my life, i don't need that to happen again, if that's even possible.

"Attention" one of the teachers tapped the mic to get our attention.

"How is everyone's night" she asked. Every one started to cheer.

"Okay so before the night is over we have to crown a king and queen."

By now every one was stomping their feet and shouting.

"Okay this years prom king is....Tristan Reynolds"

Every eye was on him as he walked to the stage.

Suddenly my phone rang.

It was my dad.

That's weird, why would he call me if he knew i was at the dance.

As much as i wanted to stay and support Tristan i had to go out side were i could hear.

"Hello? I asked into the phone.

"Shel....Shelby" my dad said. His voice sounded dry, like he has been crying.

"Dad. Dad whats wrong?" I asked getting worried.

"It's your mom, she was in a bad wreak. She is at the hospital. They don't know if she'll make it."

My heart stopped beating. My eyes started to fill with tears almost immediately.

They don't think she'll make it.

I hung up, pulled the phone away from my ear, standing there in shock.

I looked at the door to the school. I had to get to the hospital, i just hope Tristan wont think that i ditched him.

The hospital was only a few miles away from our school so i quickly started walking down the road.

My mom has got to be okay. She just has to. She cant die, she cant.

Getting more scared i started to run which was really hard considering i was wearing a dress.

Finally i saw a taxi and waved it down.

"Vanderbilt hospital, can you hurry up please" i said before i was even in the car. The guy immediately pulled away and within seconds we were at the ER. I threw some money at him and quickly ran inside.

"I'm looking for my mom. Brenda Johnson. What room is she in, come on i need to get to her."i yelled at the nurse.

She told me to calm down but how could i.

"Room 180" she finally said.

Running past all the people just standing around I finally found her room. I started banging on the door but no one would let me in.

And then my heart really broke.

The doctor looked up at the clock to read the time. Which only meant one thing. She was gone.

Crying out i fell to the ground, this cant be happening. This is not real this is all fake its just a dream. I started to bang my head against the wall. This is not happening to me.

"Shelby" my dad called me, i looked up to see was standing in front of me crying.

"Dad" i sadly said. Wrapping my arms around him i cried on his shoulder.

She's gone.

............

It's been a week  since my mothers death. I haven't been to school and i just can't seem to get enough courage or strength to come out of my room. I just feel like there is no point.

Tristan and Kaley have been trying to contact me but i just cant pick up the phone. Its to hard. All i can do is sit on my bed in the dark. Crying my eyes out because something i once loved is gone, just like that.

My dad went back to work like nothing happened, he is trying to be strong but i hear him at night crying. It just hurts.
Life just isn't the same any more.
Its not even worth living.
I just want to be with my mom again.

As i felt the cold hard metal of my dads gun in my hand i knew what i had to do. I knew i had to be with my mom.

And one shot is all it would take.

A/n
Literally crying.
Ahhhh
Vote+comment.