| Prolouge |

Definition : ( n ) A realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as your own.

This is just a little something I came up with and I really hope you guys and agree and are in for a bumpy road. Also pay attention to dates guys !!! I will be jumping back and forth from flashbacks and real time. Enjoy, comments, vote, and share please cx. ~ Niyaah

- - -

{ 12/27/2015 - 10: 34 pm }

The car ride was silent except for the soft Bryson Tiller Self Righteous playing. Every lyric described my situation at the moment, which made me want to turn up the music, but my stubbornness wouldn't allow me to.

The smell of weed floated throughout the car. He often smokes when he has something heavy on his mind, and I had a strong feeling I was that something. Shit I knew I was. I don't smoke, but also this moment I was tempted to. I needed some type of relief.

The car came to a sudden stop as he turned facing me. My heart began to thud quickly against my chest as I anticipated his next words. For some damn reason I felt as if I was wrong, the hell did I feel that way for?

"Mane, what da' fuck was you doin with dat' nigga?" His question instantly made me roll my eyes.

"For one Brandon I am single, and for two, what I do is none of your concern." He let out a low chuckle before kissing his teeth. There was a long moment of silence and struggle as he stared at the side of my face, and I tried my hardest to ignore it. Soon the car was revved and we resumed the travel to our destination.

{ 12/25/05 - 9:25 pm }

The chilly wind blew as I sat on the swings in the empty park. It was Christmas day, yet it didn't feel like it. I looked over at his yellow complexion and small build as he laid on the bench across from me. His long hair was french braided to the back as he slept peacefully. Something about him made me come back to this park just to see him.

"Why are you staring at me?" His small yet loud voice startled me, and I quickly diverted my eyes to the ground.

"I... I am sorry." I stumbled upon my words a bit as I felt his icy glare.

"The hell you want, huh? You come here everyday and just stare at me? You think I'm a freak'a somethin?" His nose flared as his thick eyebrows scrunched together. My face contorted into confusion as I slowly stood up and made my way to him. What am I doing? My petite body sat next to him on the cold green bench.

" I just want to help." My voice came out quiet as I fiddled with my fingers. His stare was hard, and somewhat made me nervous. My gaze shifted to his face which held similar bruises. I notice them everytime I see him laid on the bench. His were always deep purple and looked very painful. Almost similar to mine.

"No one needs your help Miss Perfect. You can stop using me as your good deed for the day. I don't need your blankets or food. I don't need your help!" He spat. I simply disregarded all the words he threw my way and shakily lifted up my pink shirt. My bruises and marks were on display, as his beautiful brown eyes widened.

"I'm not perfect. No one is."  I pulled down my shirt quickly then handed him the balled up five dollar bill I stole from my dad. My soft lips kissed his smooth skin before running off to the house.

Hopefully they stopped fighting.