Chapter 26

"But if you close your eyes does almost feel like you've been here before, and if you close your eyes does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?" - Pompeii by Bastille.

Mariah POV

I yawned loudly and stretched my arms out with a smile on my face. I looked beside me to see the other side of the bed empty, I shrugged and got out of bed. Walking into the bathroom, I took good look at myself in mirror. Instead of looking at my ugly morning image my eyes landed on a sticky note.

'Come to the patio baby doll. Nathan xX' I read the note easing up both eyebrows.

I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading towards the back patio. I racked my fingers through my hair one last time then slid the glass door aside and step on to the hot patio.

Nathan watched me with a smile on his face, his usually green eyes were red which made me do a double take. I blinked furiously and looked again to see they were green again. I shook the image out of my head, maybe it was the sun.

"Happy Birthday." His smooth voice rang through my ears making me smile.

"Thank you." I replied playing with the ends of hair.

"Um is there any particular reason why you want me here?"

"You'll see. Just have a seat over there." He pointed to a lounge couch that was in the corner. I obliged and watched him skeptically. He shot me a dashing smile and sat at a piano.

I went into further confusion as I watched his every move. "Not to sound so cheesy and cliche but I wrote you a song." He murmured scratching the back of his neck. My heart skipped a beat as I tried to find the words to say to him. He wrote me a song? That was the most beautiful thing somebody has ever done to me.

Water built up in my eyes as a smile stretched on my face. "Please don't cry. If you cry it's going to make me feel like I gone soft." I wiped my eyes and rolled them.

Nathan fingers effortlessly skipped on the keys before he softly start singing,

"This is not gonna last forever

It's that time when you must hold on.

And I won't let you surrender,

And I'll heal you if you're broken.

We can stand so tall together.

We can make it through the stormy weather.

We can go through it all together, do it all together, do it all.

I'll be your strength.

I will, I will, I will.

I'll be your strength.

Yes I will, yes I will.

I won't sleep till the sky is calmer,

Keep on searching till I find you.

And my love will be your armor,

In this battlefield around you.

Hand in hand we will walk together,

We can make it through the stormy weather.

We can break down walls together, do it all together, do it all.

I'll be your strength.

I will, I will, I will.

I'll be your strength.

Yes I will, yes I will."

My eyes never broke contact with his. He voice was just out of this world. It was just so peaceful and alluring. When sang it seems everything around you froze and the only thing you can focus on was Nathan voice.