ONE!

(CHAPTER ONE)
the story of tonight!

"I'M going to miss you so much, Sparky

"I'M going to miss you so much, Sparky."

Rosie Queen is engulfed in a hug by her older brother Oliver. The pair were embracing on the platform of the Starling City train station, as Rosie was about to start a new life in Central City.

"I thought you weren't much of a hugger." The younger sibling retorts as they pull away. Rosie and Oliver were similar in many ways, not just the fact they had a striking resemblance, the same dark blonde hair and icy eyes, but they were both rather wooden when it came to emotions.

Oliver simply rolls his eyes. "I'm allowed to be upset that my baby sister is moving away."

Ever since Moira Queen went to prison, the two siblings had been sharing an apartment, and Oliver was not looking forward to living there alone.

"I'm hardly a baby, Oli. I'm twenty four, remember? If anything Thea is the one you should be babying."

"You know about my secret. She doesn't. So that automatically puts you in danger." His voice is lowered now, making sure no one hears him talking about his secret. It was never Oliver's plan to tell either of his sisters about how he spends his nights, fighting criminals and protecting Starling City. Rosie accidentally found out, thanks to Felicity's inability to stop talking.

"I'll be fine, Oli. I can protect myself." That was definitely true. After Rosie found out about Oliver's life as the Arrow, she practically begged him to teach her self defence, and he couldn't help but oblige.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the train for Central City will depart in two minutes."

The sound of the voice over the loud speaker cuts the Queen siblings surprisingly heartfelt goodbye short. While Rosie leans down to grab her two bags, her older brother begins to ramble.

"Okay, so we've already sorted out your apartment when you get to Central City, I've texted you the address. And when you get to the CCPD, your CSI partner will have already been working there for a while, and his name is Barry. Also, don't forget to-"

"Oli, if you don't stop talking, I'm never getting to Central City." The blonde cuts him off, laughing at the concern on his face. She had never seen her brother like this before.

"Okay, okay, I know you'll be fine." He finally laughs, pulling Rosie into one last hug. "I love you Sparky."

"Are you ever going to retire that nickname?"

"Nope."

She pulls away from the hug and smiles at Oliver. "Oh, and I love you too, Oli."

The once crowded train platform was now practically empty, just a few people rushing to catch the train. Rosie grabs her suitcases and quickly begins walking for the train doors. As they are closing she gives her brother one last wave before taking a seat by the window, ready to start her new life in Central City.