As I walked closer to his office I heard hushed sounds of people talking. The thought that it may have been Senior Garcia again made me feel sick. I'd only just recovered from his harsh words after a day of convincing myself that it will get better as long as I keep my distance and do my job. I sighed and tapped on the door.

I thought I heard someone answer so I proceeded to open the door.

I walked into the sight of Samantha straddling Dalton, her back was facing towards me as she arched into him. His hands were on  her thighs one on each sides, he clearly wasn't pushing her away because he looked like he was holding her, giving her support. Her face was buried into his neck which may have caused his sour expression that seemed to be unpleased .

When they realised I was there Samantha turned her head slightly and looked me up and down with amusement. I blinked and tried o contain my shocked and slightly hurt expression which seemed to be giving her satisfaction.

"Uhh, I'm sorry...Sir" I added to show Samantha the level of professionalism i was at "I've got your coffee"

Dalton pushed Samantha to the side and let her fall gently on the sofa next to him.
He leaned an arm on his leg whilst  his other one ran through his soft hair, he looked Frustrated as thought he wanted to explain something, the look he would always have when he thought I misunderstood, the look he has when he's sometimes jealous. To others it comes off as annoyance or anger but I know that look.

Samantha seemed to think this frustration was directed to me for cutting short their little...session. Her smirk was sickening and made me want to talk some sense into her attitude.

We were all silent as they waited for me to react.

"Oh" I mumbled to myself and walked over to hand him the drink. I turned the cup so that I was holding the hot mug and his fingers were on the handle. The burning sensation was almost numbing but i didn't care. I stood quickly and turned to leave.

"Call the driver and tell him to be ready in five minutes" Dalton spoke to no one in particular but I knew he meant me.

"Um okay?" I spoke "are  you going somewhere... sir?" I added just for Samantha's satisfaction.

He sipped on his coffee and savoured it before answering "dinner"

"Oh I guess I'll be joining you to dinner tonight?" Samantha beamed

I blinked at what was going on

"No" was all he said

"But I-" she started

"No" he said a little more louder and firmly that it made me and Samantha jump.

she huffed and rolled her eyes before sinking into the chair.

"Um..." I mumbled contemplating whether I should comment

"Sweetie ,say whatever you have to say " Samantha spoke whilst inspecting her finger nails "and then leave"

"Well i booked the appointment for six thirty. It's an hour from now" I said quickly which made Dalton's face look even more annoyed

Oops. Wasn't I meant to say that?

There was silence.