Chapter 2.

Updated on: 2/20/16
Edited on:
Varun's P.O.V.
London:

I came out of the operation theatre and removed my mask as Aunty and Uncle rushed to me.

"How is Karan? Is he fine? How did the operation go? He's out of danger now, right?" Aunty bombarded me with questions. I smiled giving her hands a slight squeeze.

"He's perfectly fine. He's just resting now, but you can meet him later." A few tears escaped her eyes as she kissed my forehead.

"Thank you so much beta, if you hadn't been here, I wonder what would have happened to Karan."

"No no Aunty, this was my duty. I'm glad I could save Karan." I gave her hand another slight reassuring squeeze.

"Doc," Lisa walked to me with a file in her hands.

"I've got the information about the new doctor who's transferring here next week to replace Doctor Kashmere."

"That's great, catch me up on the details." I said as I made my way to my cabin and she followed behind me.

"Ok, to begin with, her name is Ahaana Singhania. She's 22, a student pursuing her surgeon career and she works for Doctor Wiseman back in Canada."

"Did Dr. Wiseman leave back her number?"

"Yeah, he did."

"Great, note it down and give her a call. Be sure to remind her to be here on the 14th, exactly at 4pm because I won't stand any late slackers."

"Yes Doc." Lisa clicked away in her heels. I took off my doctor coat and hung it on my rack. I then grabbed my files, phone and jacket and left the hospital.

"Varun Mamu!" 7 year old Aayush and Aria ran into my arms. I got down on my knees with a wide smile as I lifted them up, one in each arm and spun them around.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I walked over to the couch and sat both of them down on my knees.

"They've been waiting for you to come home. Di came for a visit." Dia, my little sister spoke looking up from her laptop.

"Di's here too?" She nodded.

"You guys play here, I'll go meet Mumma, ok?" They nodded and wiggled down. I ran up the stairs and to my older sister, Pooja's room.

"Di!" I exclaimed as I walked over to her and we engulfed each other into a big hug. My older sister, Pooja had always been like a second mother to me. She was seven years older than me which makes her 30, then it was my older brother Yash, 26 and then it was me, 23 and then my other sister Dia, 22. Out of all my siblings, Pooja Di and I always shared the closest bond.

"When did you come?"

"In the afternoon, we're staying for today, then I'll leave tomorrow."

"Oh, then I'll definitely take an off tomorrow. After all, my favorite sister only comes here once in a while." I grinned.

* * * * *

Prem's P.O.V.

"It's a deal. Congratulations Mr. Sharma." Mr. Vinchi extended his hand with a smile spread across his face. I smiled back and happily shook it.

"It's my good fortune to even be starting a deal with such an amazing young businessman like you." He withdrew his hand.

"Oh please Mr. Vinchi, you're embarrassing me." I brushed him off. He and his few men started grabbing their files and coats ready to leave my cabin when Mr. Vinchi turned around to face me once more.

"We shall meet for dinner once."

"Surely. Thank you." He nodded and then they left my cabin. I sighed as I grabbed my files and laptop then walked downstairs. Everyone stood up to greet me goodbye and I just gave a quick wave signaling for them to sit down.

"Jenny," I approached the reception desk as she stood up from her seat upon seeing me.

"Call the Holcombs and tell them I'm postponing the meeting to next moth itself. Tell them we'll meet during the Fashion Show on the 27th."

"Sure Sir. Goodbye." I have a quick nod as I turned and Luis, my chauffeur followed behind me. He led me to the limo and held open the door as I slipped inside. He rushed to the drivers seat and sat down inside. And then he drove home, like every other day.

He held open the limo door once we reached. I got out and made my way towards the house.

"Good afternoon Maa." I gave her a peck on the cheek before continuing to make my way through the house and up to my room.

"Good afternoon Prem." She smiled back. The beautiful smile which would light up my day.

"Hey dad." I plopped down on the couch beside him.

"Hello Prem, what happened about the deal with the Vinchi's?" I smiled to myself and threw my head back before answering.

"It was great dad. We got the deal."

"I knew you'd get it. Great job."

"Thanks Dad."

***

So? How was the chapter? We hope you liked it

Varun's and Prem's introduction,  yes, finally all the characters introduced to you.

Whose your favorite out of the four characters?

Comment and Vote, its makes our day.

~ Krishna and Aqusa.