Part 1

Slamming my locker behind me I pulled my books tightly to my chest and walked over to my first class. It was just another day of school, a day I couldn’t wait to get over with and go back home where I preferred.

            I took my usual spot near the front and was soon joined by my friend Amanda. She smiled at me taking her normal spot behind me.

            “Did you finish the homework?” she asked me curiously as she sat down and pulled out her books. I nodded turning around to face her.

            “Yea, it was pretty easy I found,” I stated and she nodded in agreement. The bell rang signalling the start of class. Everyone filed in and the teacher shut the door behind the last student then proceeded to start his lesson. I took down notes casually and rest my head on my hand in boredom. This wasn’t one of my favorite classes but at least the work wasn’t hard.

            About 20 minutes later the door opened and non other than the school’s rebel without a cause came strolling in late as usual. Louis Tomlinson was his name and he was the most annoying kid in this school. He was always late, sometimes he didn’t bother to show up at all. I rolled my eyes as the teacher stopped talking and crossed his arms as Louis walked in.

            “Late again Mr Tomlinson?” he asked.

            “Yea sorry I couldn’t find a pencil,” Louis clearly made up. The teacher sighed going to his desk and wrote something down, probably marking that he was late, which would give him a well deserved detention, not that he bothered to attend those either.

            “Have a seat Louis and at least try to be as little disruptive as you can,” the teacher told him as he walked back to the board.

            “Sure thing prof,” Louis said taking his seat in the far back. I sighed to myself. I don’t know why people turn out like Louis, it makes no sense to me. He was lazy and irresponsibly and was honestly going nowhere in his life. I tried to ignore him and paid more attention to the board.

            Another 20 minutes went by and we were interrupted again by the intercome.

            “Mr Finch, I was wondering if Louis Tomlinson is in your class?” the lady at the front desk asked over the speaker.

            “Yes he is,” the teacher said crossing his arms as he walked closer to the speaker.

            “Can you please send him down to the office please,” she asked.

            “Yes right away. Mr Tomlinson you know the drill,” the teacher spoke to Louis. Louis got up with a smile.

            “Gladly,” he said and walked to the exit of the classroom.

            “Not so fast, to make sure you actually get to the office safely um Miss Brooks will you please walk Mr Tomlinson to the office for me please,” the teacher said to me. My mouth dropped a bit. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I honestly could care less what Louis did with his life and I didn’t want to be held responsible for him.

            “I guess,” I said reluctantly. The teacher went over to his desk and picked up a familiar looking paper that was clearly a detention sheet.

            “Be sure they get this as well,” he told me as I stood up. I grabbed the paper with a nod and walked out of the classroom with Louis trailed behind me.

            I ignored him as long as possible but to my surprise he actually followed me.

            “I’ll give you 20$ if you shred that up,” he said from beside me. I rolled my eyes.

            “How about no,” I said and shook my head with an eye roll and I turned down a different hall.

            “Come on please?” he asked. I rolled my eyes again.

            “What does it matter, you’re not going to go,” I said glancing at him.

            “Actually I’m gonna have to start if I don’t want to get expelled,” he said looking down thoughtfully. So he does have a brain after all.

            “So you don’t want to show up for class but you also don’t want to get expelled?” I asked looking at him. He shrugged with a small nod.

            “Basically,” he stated simply. I let out a small unimpressed chuckle.

            “Life doesn’t work that way,” I told him as we neared the office.

            “Come on Jenn be cool for once in your life,” he said nudging me.

            “First of all, don’t touch me and second, how do you know my name?” I asked taking a step away from him and shot him a slight glare.

            “I know the names of all the cute girls in the school,” he said giving me a wink. I shuddered in disgust and gave him a fake smile.

            “Flattery won’t get you anywhere,” I stated then pushed opened the doors to the office. He sighed in defeat as I handed over the paper to the lady at the front desk then quickly walked back out. I looked at Louis one last time but quickly regretted it as he shot me another wink.

            I shuddered again. He was so obnoxious. Honestly he thinks his little winks make him attractive and makes all the girls want to swoon over him. He’s in for a rude awakening if he thinks I’d fall for his stupid tricks.