Chapter One

As soon as the bell rang for school to let out, I dashed out the high school to my car. I couldn't wait to get home to my son, Sam. I had promised him I'd take him to McDonalds so he could play. I tried to reward him some way once a week for being such a good boy. I couldn't believe how old he was getting. Just last month he had turned three, and just last week, I turned 16. Now I had my license and my parents had bought me a car. I could finally get out do things for him now on my own. The next step was to get a job. Maybe. I hadn't been to fond of the idea simply because it would mean more time away from Sam. I already spent 7 hours a day apart from him at school. I started public school back up when I began high school, vut instead of going to school with the same people that made switch out of school, I transfered to a new district. It was refreshing to know I could have a life outside of my past. I made new friends, friends that excepted me for I was. At first, I wasn't sure how to tell people I had a son, but once I did, it was like a burden had been lifted off my shoulders.

I got home about twenty minutes later, to find Sam playing baseball with his uncles outside.

"Mommy!" He shouted when he saw my pulling up in the drive way. I waved to let him know I saw him. I put my car in park and quick got out of my car to see my son running up to me. I picked him up and threw him in my arms. This was what I lived for.

"Hi baby, how was your day? You have a good day with grandma?" My mom stayed home with Sam and my youngest brother Aaron while my other brothers and I went to school and my dad went to work.

"Yes, I was a good boy." He said. He knew if he was good he would get a reward. He also knew today was McDonalds day.

"Oh you were? Well lets just ask grandma about that." I walked into my house still carrying Sam in my arms.

"Hey mom." I said walking into the kitchen, where I knew my mom would be. She had her own busy cake business that kept her busy baking all day. People loved my mom's baked goods.

"Hey sweetie, how was your day?" She said, giving me a hug.

"It was good. I couldn't wait to get out though, knowing it was Friday. I promised Sam ewe would go play today."

"Awe really, I'm sure he is going to love that. Right big boy?" She said looking at Sam, who was chewingon his finger.

"Don't do that," I said taking his hands out his mouth. "That's germy. Go wash your hands and then we are going to leave." I put him down and he ran for the bathroom. "Gosh momma, he is getting so big. Pretty soon he is going to need a whole new wardrobe."

"Yeah, boys grow fast. I would know, I have five."

"I'm thinking about getting a job to help you and dad out. Since I can drive now, you know."

"Oh Pamela, I don't think that's such a good idea. You need to be here with Sam as much as possible. He is just a baby, he needs his mother." I knew she was going to say that. My mom didn't feel the need for me to. Instead, she figured, we weren't struggling so why work when I don't have to? Which was true, but it wouldn't hurt to have my own income, one I can just spend on Sam and I. The conversation ended there so because Sam came back and began pulling on my hand.

"Mommy lets go, please!" Please and thank you for vital words for him to learn. I was not raising a disrespectful little brat.

"Okay. Bye mom!"

"Bye honey. Be back for dinner!" I was sure we would be back before then but who knew? I could decide to take Sam shopping or for a movie or something. I just wanted to spoil my son to death. He meant the world to me and I wanted to give him everything. And if I had to get a job to get everything, then so be it.